1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Lines

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gastronomic, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the decision to drop Chris Lines to the bench? He's obviously a good player, but I wonder if DC wants him to play a certain way and he hasn't quite got it yet? He joined a winning team quite late last season and they seem to get on better without him, but surely if he's fitting into the right way of playing then he must be in the team?

2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Chris has always been a good player and he's always been an inconsistent player.

I trust DC's management skills, so perhaps a spell out will help him. Also, Darrell seems to want a bit more pace and directness - Gosling, Bodin and Sinclair give him that with Mansell reliable and hard working in the more withdrawn role.

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

DC said before Morecambe that the team he picked for Hartlepool deserved to start at Morecambe. I think DC wanted to mix things up a bit for Hartlepool, giving Mansell, McChrystal, Bodin and Gosling some much needed game time. Think Lines was just being rested for that game. Unfortunately for him, we had a great game at Hartlepool and DC as a result felt the team deserved to be unchanged. Lines will be back in the team next weekend im sure. Wycombe will require our better players to be 100% which he will be <ok>

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I hope they don't drop Mansell for Lines