1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Hoy - Best Wishes!!

Discussion in 'Cycling' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Cyclist Sir Chris Hoy announces retirement

Britain's most successful Olympian, cyclist Sir Chris Hoy, has announced his retirement from active competition.

Sir Chris confirmed the move at a media conference in his home city of Edinburgh.

It means the cyclist will not compete at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014.

He leaves the sport on a high, after winning a sixth gold medal during the London 2012 Olympics.

Sir Chris is 37 and had previously left open the question of whether he would compete at Glasgow 2014.

There have been calls for Sir Chris to be given a prominent role in cycling, possibly leading the sport in Britain.

Former team mate Rob Hayles said: "I think he should go right to the top.

"There's obviously a lot more opportunities these days for sportspeople, especially for someone like Sir Chris.

"Coaching is obviously a role that he would certainly be able to do, but I don't know if he would want to do that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Hoy has brought some great moments to Cycling and to our country. He has been a key part of the development cycling has experienced in the UK and has helped inspire thousands of others to take up cycling. He is also a true gent, humble in victory and gracious in defeat. I for one would like to wish him all the best for the future and say a very big thank you for all he has done. Well done Chris!