1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chops

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by HangingHog FC, Jun 9, 2011.

1. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

Apparently Cardiff have agreed to sell Chopra for 1.5 million.
    Just the small matter of personal terms to sort out and Clegg is good at that. NOT

2. markfatboyblues78

Lets have a sweepstake as to when the statement will be released that they were unable to meet demands and he has now signed for....

I am going for 4pm (making us sweat out another full and obviously busy day at work)

Liking the links to the Bournemouth CB and St Ledger and Ingamarsson. Cresswell LB. Blimey it's like the A-team

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN(TEAM) COMES TOGETHER

3. Bluegreenking

Bluegreenking New Member

The law of averages says that surely Cleggy has to get it right this time. The signing of Chops will be seen as a statement of intent by other players who PJ approaches and for 1.5mill it will very quickly become a great deal. Everyone agrees Chops needs a new challenge and we can certainly give him that (his first challenge might be not poking Cleggy in the eye!).

If the deal falls through it will be time to call for the head of Cleggy but I think he is too good at self preservation to mess this one.

Fingers crossed not606 buddies!

4. CityAce

CityAce Member

Cardiff fan here, Personally I dont want him to go although I seem to be in the overwhelming minority. End of the day if you can get this lads head & fitness right he's a potential 20 goal a season machine and I cant see where else you can buy this for £1.5m.

However, he has his issues. Gambling being one of them, is back up to Newcastle whenever he gets the chance, likes his beer (he was one of the players out on the piss a few days before our P/O semi final).
    His attitude has been questioned as well. As possibly his biggest issue is his weight

Final Verdict - Hit or Miss, there will be no middle ground with Chopra he will either be a goal scoring machine or a useless fatty with a bad attitude.

5. Juresu_80

Juresu_80 Member

Can't imagine we'd let him go for such a piddling sum without good reason:emoticon-0138-think

6. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

If he signs we'll buy him a treadmill with a drinks holder in fact we'd better get Scotland one as well.:tongue:

7. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Where does Grunt get his?

8. HangingHog FC

HangingHog FC Member

He obviously hasn't got one:D

9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I've heard rumours he's Cardiff's highest wage earner when they were flush with cash, and is on approx £22,000 a week off a Cardiff season ticket holder.

I'm not sure if this is true, however if it is it would certainly explain the lowish transfer fee of £1.5 mill.
    Also, I've noticed other clubs not really linked so I'm wondering if a lot of clubs are interested, just cannot see how they would finance the deal.

Which means if true, he will want at least the same money ( we don't move jobs to go on a lower wage, lets face it )

So, if this is true ( correct me if I'm wrong ) what are peoples views ? Would you be happy to have Chops aboard for that sort of money ?
    I've also heard its fallen through ( different websites ) and West Ham could be his destination ( if you consider wages, with C.Cole off, it would make sense )

Thoughts ?

10. CityAce

CityAce Member

My understanding is he is on around £20k per week as well