1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelseas ageing squad and changes

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Fernando Torres Chelsea's number 9, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Fernando Torres Chelsea's number 9

Our squad have been together for a long time and we still have several players from Mourinho's reign as Chelsea manager. As our players are getting on a bit with age. what changes would you like to happen?

I think Drogba will be moving in the summer because he's turning 33 soon and has only 3 months left on his contract. Anelka might be out as well.

Lampard and Terry will still be in the squad next year but we'll use them as substitutes and their experience is needed. Like Giggs and Scholes for United.

Kakuta and McEachran are up coming stars of Chelsea and those two can replace Anelka and Lampard, Luiz & Torres are replacements for Terry and Drogba.

We are lacking a creative midfielder. Who do you suggest we'll buy? or do you think McEachran is capable for the creative midfielder role.

I'd like us to sign Neymar who plays as a Forward/Winger for Brazilian club Santos and Lukaku is another striker I want us to sign. Also I heard a romour that Roman wants Arsenals Cesc Fabregas for £60m. Fabregas said he'll stay at Arsenal for just this one season and then wants a move away from the Emirates in the summer, he could be the creative midfielder we need.

Ivanovic, Luiz, Essien are all capable of captaining the side. I wouldn't be suprised if McEachran becomes club captain because if you remember Terry came into the Chelsea team as a teeneger from the youth team and replaced Desailly as captain.

This is my Chelsea squad for next year:

------------------Cech------------------
    Bosingwa-----Ivanovic----Luiz---Cole
    ---Ramires---Essien---McEachran or Fabregas
    Kakuta---------Torres--------Neymar

Subs: Turnbul, Zhirkov, Terry, Mikel, Lampard, Malouda, Kalou.

reserves: Delac, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Alex, Cork, Borini, Sturridge.

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you manage to sign Fabregas, I will eat my left arm! Fabregas has made it clear he'd only leave the Emirates for Barcelona.

It's interesting that you think Terry needs replacing but Cole doesn't, even tho they're the same age. Do you think Terry's starting to fade a bit? And putting Ivanovic in at CB ahead of Alex is a bad idea imo - I've always thought of Alex as the stronger of the two at CB.

3. Fernando Torres Chelsea's number 9

Barca won't be able to match Chelseas offer of 60million quid and the wages we'll offer Fabregas. People said that about Torres (nah he won't go to Chelsea) but we signed him. Cole is a lot faster and has more pace than Terry, that's why he's in the squad. Did you watch fulham vs Chelsea? David Luiz was magnificent and will play at CB alongside Brani, Brani is more of a centre half than a right back. Bosingwa will give Chelsea more width with his speed and pace at RB.

4. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Arsenal don't need the money, and Fabregas won't force the move like Torres did. If Arsenal let Fabregas go to one of their major PL rivals they would basically destroy their chances of winning the PL for the next five or ten years. Ain't gonna happen. Man City and Chelsea could have given Utd more money for Ronaldo and paid him more wages than Real did, but those moves would still never happen. Fabregas has too much respect for Arsenal to go to one of their major rivals, just like Ronaldo had for Utd. It ain't all about money chief...

I didn't watch the Fulham match, only saw some of the highlights. I agree that Ivanovic is more of a CB than an RB, but not convinced he's a better CB than Alex. But I guess we'll see what Ancelotti thinks once Alex is back to full fitness.

5. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

I have to agree<ok>

6. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

ahahhahahahahaha fab to chelsea <laugh>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA WHY WOULD HE LEAVE A GOOD TEAM FOR A **** TEAM WHO WONT FINISH TOP 4

ITS EITHER BARCA OR ARSENAL. CHELSEA HAVE TO CUT SPENDING DUE TO THERE ASTRONOMICAL LOSSES AND WILL HAVE TO CUT WAGES BY A 3RD TO MEAT THE FFP RULES BUT I DOUBT THEY WILL EVEN QUALIFY <laugh>

7. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

NO TOP 4 FOR CHELSEA, NOW EVEN AS I HATE LIVERPOOL I HOPE THEY GET BACK INTO THE TOP 4 AND KICK CITY OUT, THE TEAMS WITH HISTORY AND WITH RESPECT SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 4. I.E MAN UTD, ARSENAL, SPURS, LIVERPOOL <ok>. Not rubbish teams who rely on a owner

8. Sheriff JW Pepper

Luiznani

You're a bit of a cock aren't you

9. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

Correct.

x100

10. Bridge of Sighs

Bridge of Sighs New Member

Why don't Arsenal need the money? As far as I can see their owners take as much as they can year after year with out spending anyhting.
    Do you know then personally to know what their objectives are because the money keeps going to their pockets every year.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Because they have cash reserves of £127 million and make massive profits each year. If you think the money keeps going to the owners' pockets each year, you really have no idea about finance or corporate governance at all, and should probably read some of Arsenal's audited financial accounts. Maybe this book as well:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Finance-Accounting/dp/0028617525

12. The Ginger Marks

I think we have here the Chelsea equivalent of Nohlman aka Luiznani who lives on the Arsenal board. Maybe we can persuade him to go to the Manc graveyard in a trade for Swarbs?

13. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You couldn't afford me :tongue:

14. The Ginger Marks