1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea v Juve : JFT39 protest

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by TootingExcess, Sep 18, 2012.

1. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Allright lads - QPR fan here.

An Italian mate of mine tells me the Chelsea and Juve fans are going to be having a "Justice for the 39" protest at tomorrow's game, seeing as it was your "two clubs wronged by Liverpool" (his quote) on that fateful day:

- Juve obviously had 38 fans never return home after the Liverpool fans ran riot
    - Chelsea (and other London clubs fans) were smeared by Chairman John Smith and the Liverpool press after the disaster as being the core rioters, instead of the cheeky Scouse scamps.

Half my family are Chelsea fans (bless them), but they haven't heard anything about a fans protest. Is this just a load of shight, or has anyone heard anything?

I can certainly see the Juve Ultras having something to say on the matter, but would the all new 21st Century Chelsea - I wouldn't think so?

2. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Seems like this campaign would be a good thing. Liverpool with their sense of justice must surely be the leading lights here. I hope they take up the mantle but somehow I doubt it.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree; heysel was worse than Hillsborough in a way. At Hillsborough deaths were caused by negligence and police.

At Heysel, deaths were caused by negligence and police but in the main LFC hooligans retaliating to ultras

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Only seven people (all from Merseyside) went to prison for the violence.
    All had previous for football violence.
    14 were convicted.
    24 were charged; all from Merseyside bar 2.

More Chelsea fans were convicted after the Cardiff riots on King's road recently!

6. Page_Moss_Kopite

The article in the link is from an Italian source and that'll do for me because there's no chance of any Liverpool bias in it.

We(LFC supporters)accept our club's and supporters part in the 39 deaths of innocent Juve fans so it looks like it's retribution that the OP is looking for rather than 'justice'

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Do you think the violence was preorganised to an extent?

8. Page_Moss_Kopite

I 'know' it was to a certain extent because of what happened to our supporters in Rome the year before, but the fighting in Brussels city centre and on the underground trains in the hours leading up to the game wasn't mentioned because it was not related to what happened on the terraces.

9. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

Preorganised?

That's not for me to comment on.

All I know is we spent the entire day leading up to the match in Brussels drinking with the Italians, swapping shirts, scarves & stories.

10. TootingExcess

It's what an Italian mate told me, rather than my protest (I'm neither Chelsea or Juve). There was never any offical inquiry into those events, I'd say any Juve fan protests will be because those families still have lots of questions they'd want answered rather than grudge bearing per se.

11. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

You're a bitter little **** aren't you? Have you got so little happening in your life, that you spend so much time obsessing over us?

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

You're chatting **** mate, the inquiry into it began after the game.

The details of the findings of Uefa, the Belgian police, the English FA, the British government were all aired in the weeks after the 39 juve fans were killed.
    No collusion or cover up, blame landed squarely at the feet of Liverpool supporters.

The families, Juve and the Italian government got the answers they were looking for in the aftermath(and rightly so),

13. TootingExcess

Fair enough mate, I didn't post the OP to wind you or Liverpool fans up in general (which is why its on a Chelsea baord and not yours), but to see if there is any truth in the rumours of a "protest".

I'm out in Fulham tonight and tomorrow, if there are going to be pissed off and wound up Juve fans ambling around the manor - I'd like to know about it.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I can't imagine any reasonable Juventini starting on Chelsea for 85.

Then again I Can't see why getting stabbed in Rome is justification for steaming expat Torinesi in Belgium.

Were the Juve ultras in with the expat Italians in block Z?

15. Page_Moss_Kopite

Wasn't trying to justify it, just saying it added fuel to the fire.

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

fair enough. Where did the Chelsea/Millwall rumours start?

We had missed out on Euro 84, so Chelsea fans, who followed England in big numbers, were itching for a foreign away day.. did you see Chelsea chaps there?

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

The 'press' reported that fans of other clubs(including Chelsea)were seen on the cross channel ferries on the morning of the final.

They might have been going on holiday, and as nobody identified any of those arrested as a supporter of another club we can only assume it was bollocks.

18. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard a dicky bird!

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I remember Chairman John Smith saying there were a load of Chelsea skins in Union Jack T-shirts at the match but Chelsea's firm were casuals by the 80s.

20. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

Keep it down mate, debate without the obscenities or it will be closed by one of the mods and you don't want that do you?:bandit: