1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea fans cheer Jose, United fans boo van Gaal.

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by UnitedinRed, Dec 16, 2015.

1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

What is more mental? Cheering a manager taking you to the Championship or booing one who has you at the right end of the table.

Despite another defeat, his 9th this season, Jose received great support from the travelling Chelsea fans. Are they making the same mistake United fans made with career failure Moyes? Cheering blindly. Or is this what we want to see in football.

What's more surprising is Chelsea fans would throw any manager under the bus previously.

Some United fans have been booing recently due to our poor run. What's confusing is these people cheered for Moyes. Doesn't really make sense but performances haven't been great. Personally the crowd should be getting behind the side in this period and helping lift confidence but each to their own.

So two very different situations. One manager failing and the other about par. Shouldn't it be the opposite way round?

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The Chelsea fans right stick with a manager who has brought them so much success.

The Utd fans are right to show LVG what they think of the dross being served up by him.

I'm enjoying the failures of both clubs and would love Chelsea to get relegated.

With Utd I want to see them fail as Utd and not this unrecognisable bunch of confused looking players.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

How do you know that it's the same ones booing van Ghoul that were cheering Moyes?

4. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Jose is a good manager, but he cant manage people, he could turn Chavbus around.
    LvG just cant handle the Prem League style of play, UTD fans expect attack attack attack, its what they are used to.

5. Jose has nice hair, whereas van Gaal has the dodgiest barnet I have ever seen in the Prem, or any other major sport. The crowd know this, and that is why they cheer and boo, respectively.

6. UnitedinRed

Because nobody booed Moyes. Now some boo van Gaal. Chances are most of them were cheering for Moyes.

We got battered 3-0 by Liverpool and the stadium chanted his name. So yeh.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You seem to trying to make a point but I don't think it's valid.

From an outsiders view that could well be wrong. People wanted Moyes to replace Fergie and to have success, he was the chosen replacement and there was a sense of hope that he would continue where Fergie left off. He wasn't treated badly as there was a sense of disappointment in that it had all gone wrong other than anger. If he had remained inplace he would have eventually got the same treatment as LVG.

On to LVG, he simply doesn't understand your club and is the wrong man for the job Utd are a team that takes the game to the opponent, a team that attacks and goes out there to win. LVG is trying to change the very soul of your club and this is why the fans want him out (well most fans). I said erlier that I'm enjoying the turmoil at your club as any rival would but even I want that to end, (it would be nice if we can get ahead of you first though) I want you to fail as Utd not as this dull imitation of Utd.

Treble and FosseFilberto like this.
  8. Stan

Stan Stalker

Well that's chucked a spanner in the works.

9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Your internet stream must have been dodgy that day.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

When I first saw Van Driver's barnet, I thought it was a wig. But then I thought 'Nah, nobody would buy a wig that looked that ****ing daft!'....

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... you've just lost your remaining credibility there Dauphinoise ... Steve 'tufty' McLaren wins that particular contest by a country mile ...

FFS shave the tuft Steve ....shave the tuft!!!! <yikes>

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

A nice Donald Trump combover would suit him a treat <ok>

13. UnitedinRed

No offence luv but you genuinely don't know what you are talking about. You're trotting out the tired media line, simply put.

Moyes was cheered , regardless of result. Mourinho is also cheered. Now Jose has credit in the bank so fair enough, but Chelsea fans are supposed to be fickle idiots, though. So are they right to cheer him? Backing the team and manager. Is that wrong at all. Even for a failure like Moyes or someone in such a poor position as Mourinho?

And booing? At any time is wrong. Don't care what excuses a tiny fraction will make up to justify it. It achieves nothing good for anyone. Has the booing helped Liverpool or Arsenal at all? Has it helped Spurs, or Sunderland, Newcastle? Of course it hasn't.

And believe me Luv, anger is the best way to describe Moyes tenure. Many United fans haven't got over it after kidding themselves during his time here. Some have become very bitter and this is best demonstrated elsewhere tbh, while others are just glad he's gone.

14. UnitedinRed

Seriously Stan, are you going to spend your afternoon crying again over my thread.

Not to worry. Your Buddy's will hold your hand once again. Cowardly stuff, cowboy.

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't really do much media, don't read papers and just glance at the BBC footy now and then. My opinion is usually based on matches I watch and MOTD and other highlight shows. You may not like what I said but it's my opinion.

pieguts likes this.
  16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's a very small way of showing that as fans you are not happy with what you are seeing, I don't think it should be common but when it is clear that all is not well on the pitch for a prolonged length of time then I don't see the problem, we don't have much of a voice as fans.

It could well have helped us, maybe the crowd showing they are not happy is sometimes the final nail and in our case Rodgers left Klopp got appointed.

17. UnitedinRed

There's your issue. Watching MOTD. Highlights tell you very little, especially edited ones like MOTD.

18. UnitedinRed

Which hasn't helped you, just to clarify.

You're getting silly now though. Suggesting its a good thing to justify your opinion is the domain of two United supported on here. You don't want to stoop to that level, Luv.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Of course but other than live games and TV matches it's what everyone does, unless you are involved in the game going to games and watching on tv is where we all form our footy opinions from.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

You've lost me now.

My opinion is not based on The Metro or The Mirror or football blogs it's based on what I see, I do read some articles and may at times agree or disagree and I may use that info to back an argument but I'm not really interested in basing an opinion on stats or what others tell me I'd rather think for myself.

With LVG I seem to agree with others who think that he doesn't suit Man Utd this is because I'm very much the kind of footy fan who is into the romantic side of the game so even though I want Utd to fail I also want them to have this rivalry with us and I want Man Utd to be Man Utd to attack have a never say die attitude, if you then lose I find that very much a pleasure but at the moment LVG is almost spoiling it for me, it's dull, it's boring and your rubbish. Still ****ing above us which is annoying but that's not my point.:smile:

Treble likes this.