1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by District Line, Mar 22, 2014.

1. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just got back from the game. That's the worst team to visit the Bridge in a very long time IMO, nonetheless we were outstanding. Best Chelsea performance under Mourinho this season (possibly ever). I think we're seeing the blueprint of the side Mourinho wants us to become. No point highlighting individuals as the whole team was superb.

We can be optimistic going into the last 6/7 weeks of the season regardless now.

2. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

For me, that's our best line up. I love Willian but Schurrle offers something much better going forward and I stick by what I said, he'll come into his own next season. Matic and Luiz are a brilliant combination and our defence superb aswell. Also becoming a massive fan of Eto'o who appears to have adjusted to the Premier League. I really hope we keep him as an option to have next season because his experience and ability is priceless.

3. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Have to be honest and say that QPR would have given you lot more of a game today. Sad times.

4. District Line

Forum Moderator

Much prefer Schurrle as he's more direct. Played on the right and he's a good player, tends to frustrate on the left though. Luiz doesn't have the stamina to play in MF but be can do a job there for an hour.

5. Yurilly

Yurilly Well-Known Member

That was awesome. I was almost sure we would win, but never expected to absolutely annihilate them. A few sweet goals from us, but Arsenal really were awful.

Tore them to shreds in the opening quarter. The sending off with hilarious. At first site I thought it was going in and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain headed it away. The replays show that he definitely saves it, but I'm not so sure it would have gone in. Looked to be going out, but it was curling and could have just gone in. A yellow card would have been the right decision as it was inconclusive from what we saw. Based on a load of different factors, we would have still won comfortably regardless of whether the right man was sent off or they remained with 11 men.

It was a very naive mistake from Andre Marriner, but I feel bad for him as he's being ridiculed all over the place and is going to get a hammering from pundits and the media with it reflecting very negatively on his career. In all the time it took to award the penalty, show the red card and take the the penalty, there could be another official watching replays of the incident and clearing it all up. It would actually be faster (rather than slow the game down as some people think for some reason) but then you have the technophobes terrified of non-humans making correct decisions.

A well deserved victory and now only the away game to Liverpool is our genuinely hard fixture. Despite Manchester City's games in hand we're the best placed team and I fancy us to win it from here.

6. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In my opinion whether or not Hazard's shot was going in is irrelevant. Oxlade obviously thought it was which is why he saved it. Therefore he has clearly blocked a goal scoring oppurtunity even if it was going just off target. Intent in nowadays is enough to get you sent off, I don't see why it should be different for Oxlade.

7. JCC87

JCC87 Member

Excellent win, even Salah got in on the act. Luiz return influential and Matic was outstanding. When those two play we can play the trio of attackers, and Schurrle has shown in glimpses his quality, 7 goals not a bad return in the league this year. Oscar back to form too.

Hope United do us a favour Tuesday and to a lesser extent Sunderland on Wednesday, then we can think of betaing Palace and keep winning our games.

8. Yurilly

Yurilly Well-Known Member

It is relevant because if the ball is going wide then it's not a clear goal scoring opportunity. The rules state that the referee has to consider the likelihood that the ball would have gone into the goal, but for the illegal handling. Upon having watched several replays now, it was most likely going out.

9. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Excellent result way beyond my wildest aspirations - still think it's City's to lose so a few speed bumps might come in handy starting with their trip to OT but given Moyes record against the major players I won't hold my breath. The mickeys are looking good as an outside bet - it may come to our game at Anfield providing of course that we don't stuff up against the minnows.

10. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Still can't believe we won 6-0 <laugh>

11. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I can, Arsenal were crap. At least we gave you a game.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Interesting that the 2 games this year when we have played our best football by miles was when we had Matic and Luiz in midfield.
    District thinks Luiz hasn't the stamina to play 90 mins as a midfielder, but I don't agree. He was only subbed because he's had no game time for a couple of weeks and needed the run.
    When our midfield is right, our midgets can run ballistic. Schurrle is direct and very effective and Eto'o is looking something like the player he was.
    Top marks to everyone, a great team performance.

13. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Class today and Etoo and Schurle's goals were very special! Lets have more next week! <ok>

14. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Squeeky bum time ! This looks as though it could go to the wire. Isn't great to be involved in the shake-up again....we've missed this feeling for a while. Really hard to call it now. Pool forward play is frightening at times but if they play as open as that against us at Anfield we can definitely exploit that defence. We need City to slip up in their next few games. Glad they go to Anfield before us and that game will tell a story. Finally, as delighted as we should be about being still in the Champs League it could eventually be our undoing for the League push. Enjoying the ride !!!

15. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as the worst team to visit the Bridge, they had 10 men for 80 minutes. Chelsea would have still won comfortably judging by the first 10 mins when it was 11 v 11, but it wouldn't of been as conprehensive had it been 11 v 11. What hope did Arsenal have of a fight back with 10 men? :biggrin:

16. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

When you were playing badly and winning I thought then you'd win the league, still a few hic-cups to come til the end of the season, one of the best title races for a while, of the top 4 only Arsenal look out of it.

17. District Line

Forum Moderator

Spot on, it's all about intent. As far as Oxlaide Chamberlain knew it was going in and he was determined to stop his side going 3-0 down which would have killed off any hope of them getting a result.

18. District Line

Forum Moderator

City play United and Arsenal away this week so this week is pivotal as City are unlikely to drop points at home.

If City win both the title is theirs for me, if they drop points in one of them then it's a flip of a coin between the top three. If City drop points in both then we are clear favourites in my book.

Thank to the poor show last week we are now in a position where we will have to go to Anfield and win when it could have just been a game where a draw would have sufficed. In between a potential CL semi final that's going to be extremely challenging.

Liverpool are the big worry though, aside from Chelsea and City I see them winning all their other games.

19. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

those two are wonderful strikes. as good as it gets from any of our strikers for the entire season.

Nando who?

20. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Wonder how that **** bergkampspilot is doing, must be suicidal.