1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea 2-0 Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

A decent win.
    Our boys look hungry and eager.
    Good performances all around, Pulisic continues to impress.
    Reece James was also very good, and Zouma has improved since his calamitous start.

Good to keep a clean sheet as well, boost the confidence of the boys at the back <ok>

I like it when we are early kick off and we win, now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the weekends fixtures.

Naas Blue, BobbyD and Blueman like this.
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yep, a good win and performance. Looking a good side.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

Palaces best player was Townsends flatfro, remarkable.<ok>

4. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Palace were toilet ref made them good really funny there fans think they're relevant

5. The Ginger Marks

Agreed mate, they don't off anything going forward, defence isn't much better.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Yeah, great result for us, expected them to be hard to break down. They usually cause us issues with Zaha on Azpi but James pocketed him all game and looked good going forward too. Thought Pulisic was MOM though, I’m amazed at how poor his goal record was before he signed for us because he seems to pick up so many good positions, not too dissimilar to what Sterling does.

Real sizeable gap opening up now between the top 4 and everyone else and I didn’t expect everyone else to be so poor but we ain’t half a good team, so good to watch.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Here's what I think. Any team that has Kante' (he will improve when fully fit) in it and make's him look ordinary is going places. Kovacic is mustard, with or without his partner in crime Jorginho……. Pulisic is as good as Hazard at the same age. Reece James will be the best full back since Ashley Cole. Lampard will be the next manager of England. Chelsea will win the Prem within 3 years. You heard it here first folks, I'm not Stan just a wrinkly old 61yr old that is fed up with VAR but can still see the enormous problems it brings. To qualify that statement, it is only as good as the people that are using it, and it seems that those that do, have no concept of what the game of football is about, total shambles just what I expected from the FA and the mindless money grabbing institution that it has become.

Naas Blue and The Ginger Marks like this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Var should be seamless, but the toss pots operating it need a kick up the ringpiece. If they can't get a definitive result 1st two viewings, hand it back to ref. Hopeless playing it 10 times and still getting it wrong.

BobbyD likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Just an observation on the Palace game. Pulisic is starting to look more mature if not better than CHO to me. After a big dip in form, Frank has got Pulisic fired up and scoring. Pulisic himself is showing a really good instinct for being in the right place , he tries to get involved, reads the game and puts the ball away, plus he assists brilliantly and often. At the same time CHO still looks tentative, and apart from some really good cross field passes, is not getting involved enough, not looking to shoot, and not showing a poachers instincts. Hope he gets some game time and support soon, and lifts his form to match Reece James and Tomori. He's too good to sit on the bench but needs to show it ASAP.

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yes they should do exactly this

11. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Another great result,nice to see Kante back.I know i keep banging on about Reece James but i really like the look
    of him and feel he should be our first choice now.Zaha didn't enjoy the game<laugh><laugh>

Naas Blue likes this.