1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 2

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

…….I attended this game in the West Stand Lower with an excellent view. What I saw was a totally disjointed Chelsea team mainly going down the right wing in the first half mainly via Loftus Cheek. He crosses the ball in and then the move breaks down. Shots against the cross bar, over the cross bar, against the post. Quite honestly, it was rubbish and I could see Potter with his arms folded just looking on. If I was Potter I’d have been screaming instructions to correct our formation.

There’s now no excuse for this for Potter, Boehley, and Co and seeing the ground almost one third empty of home supporters with 10 minutes to go says it all. Aston Villa with their chant of “you’ve seen the Villa now fuck off home” really pissed me off.

2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Potter has been sacked.

3. Bristol Blue

…..no surprise to me. I was at the game yesterday, Potter’s position was untenable after that defeat against Villa. Either the players looked poor for being played out of position or they were deliberately missing chances or a combination of the two. I thought he’d be sacked Monday morning not this Sunday evening - the sacking was a coming for sure.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

James, Kouli, Cuckoo, as a back three. No idea how he thought that would work, not to mention RLC as a wing back, clueless and out of his depth. Who will be next?

Bristol Blue likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Who indeed?? Only a fool or a very brave man would take on a basket case like us.
    Apparently it was our Sporting Directors, Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart who convinced Boehly to act. If so, there's a glimmer of hope that football people might be listened to now. Fingers crossed this is the bottom and from now on we can move up.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. Bullet tooth Tony

Nagelsman and JT might be a good choice.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

…..Julian Nagelsmann is clear favourite for the job according to the bookies - he really would be a good choice. I hope John Terry isn’t thrown into the fire with the top position but a job in the background - like Petr Czech had - would be ideal in my opinion.

8. Bullet tooth Tony

JT has said he has no intention of becoming manager and is only interested in being an assistant at this point in time.

Bodinki and Bristol Blue like this.
  9. Bristol Blue

……I’d love to see the legend that is John Terry back at the club. It would be great if we could get Petr Czech back as well.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Carlo Ancelotti as manager with JT as his assistant.
    They always cream over each other in interviews.
    Thats an appointment I could get behind.
    Both of those would carry a lot of respect in a Chelsea dressing room.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You had one job tonight ffs.

How can you not score tonight v Livpl

Diego and Gareth1808 like this.
  12. Bullet tooth Tony

Havertz did a fantastic impression of Timo Werner tonight and Koulio was both good and bad in equal measures mind you most of our players were. Good to see Kante back doing what he does best. Fofana bossed Numbnez and showed a great turn of pace when needed, a little mention for Cuckoo who made a few good tackles and James though not at his best was still better than most others. Felix needs help up front, but looking at our options I don't think he will get it untill next season if he decides to stay. Enzo was ok after a shaky start. (Note to coach shooting practice all week and every week till we get it right).

13. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

We could still be playing now and not have scored. We don’t just miss good chances we miss absolutely amazing chances and it’s not a one off. I wonder if we’re a striker away from being a good team but that just sounds too simple.

14. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

the fact you can spend £600m and not notice you don't have a CF is brilliant .

Gareth1808 likes this.
  15. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think we’ve got two. One we refuse to play for whatever reason. The other we spend 100M on last summer and decide to loan him out at the start of the season!

Neither are perfect but had they played the majority of the season they’d 100% have more goals than Havertz.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Strikers on our books at the moment

Broja - Young, untested at this level, and often injured
    Lukaku - Out on loan, fell out with Tuchel
    Felix - In on loan from Atletico, looks decent
    Aubameyang - Potter's retarded and refused to play him so he is unfit

Thats where we at right now.
    We also have Christopher Nkunku who has signed a pre contract with us and will join in July

17. Solid_Air 2

Felix isn't a CF and i was amazed you went for Auba if only because Arsenal ended up paying him to fook off.

Edit tbh forgot you had Broja

18. Solid_Air 2

Trouble for you now is Havertz looks like he is so lacking in confidence that he seems to have no faith that he will score though tbf he sure isn't "hiding" and keeps making the runs.

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Was a panic buy.
    Dont like him, dont want him at Chelsea, but he is the most natural finisher we have.

Gareth1808 and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh it felt like it watching you last night. All that great passing football all the way up to the final third, and then it just fizzled out. There were some great chances but ALL your attackers (not just Havertz) looked nervous in front of goal, Kovacic's scoop over the bar a good example of it. Can't remember who the other one was, who rounded the keeper and snatched at the finish and ended up scuffing it so the CB could clear it on the line.

I'll also add, none of your attackers have any decent movement in the box which makes finishing even harder. They run near post when it's better to peel off and run into space, or hold back when they should be busting to get in the box. Fcking frustrating to watch and I aint even a Chelsea fan <laugh>

I hate to say it but Lukaku last night would've bagged 2 or 3.