1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ched Evans.......

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Staines R's, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

If he was our player, and it was our club.....Would you have him back ???

It would be a massive NO from me. And I'd like to think our club wouldn't even dream of having him back.

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We can chat about this tomorrow night Stainsy......you do not think this may have been a case of wrongful conviction?

He has always stated he is innocent!

.....this could be an interesting conversation.....

3. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Joey Barton!?

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

No. If he's innocent, let him apply to have the conviction set aside

5. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Have a look at this.
    http://www.chedevans.com/

...admittedly set up by his own family and friends....but look at videos and look at the deleted tweets....and from those make your own mind up.....
    IF they are true....obviously a big IF...and I admit he was convicted in court (although allegedly, (ALLEGEDLY) the prosecuting council apologised to Ched Evans family
    I am ashamed of my gender

6. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I can't second guess the jury that found him guilty, Beth or indeed the judge that rejected his first appeal. He's got new lawyers and is applying to appeal again. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Everybody involved appears to be pond life.

8. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Ive / We have not seen anything about this

What has happened

Any link to whate ever would be appreciated <ok>

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Call me controversial but I don't think he did anything different to what a lot of blokes and girls do on a Friday night. Personally I'd have no problem with him playing for us.

10. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Link to Ched Evans side here Queens

11. Queenslander!!

just loked at the site and Im with Beth on this one...bit of an opportunist thing it appears...BUT..I dont deny the possibility of what she says !

12. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Agreed Stan, drunken OPPORTUNIST (on both sides of the divide) pondlife.... from the reports.
    I am glad I am not young in this sort of era..

13. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Didn't know of this case. When I seen the thread title I thought it was about the ginger DJ bloke wot knocked about with Billy Piper :(

14. Queenslander!!

Thats "Chris" the petrolhead !

15. Pils-the-hoop

Pils-the-hoop Active Member

Such a hard call to make Beth to be honest. Have watched your link and read the tweets that were deleted.

My personal feeling is that all parties unwittingly put themselves in a very precarious situation however, foolishness is not a crime.

They appear to be doing what many people of their age do on an average saturday night and I would imagine that once the legal vultures got their snouts in the trough the whole thing snowballed from there.

In my opinion, both the girl involved and Ched Evans are the victims here as the only winners are the "legal experts" on both sides.

Ched's reputation is in tatters but then so is the girls.

A sad episode for all involved and a harsh outcome for Ched.

As for the would you have him back question.........if the appeal is successful then yes. If not, then not knowing all the full facts of the case I am not sure.

A difficult call.

16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

And I'm afraid Beth (and I should be ashamed to say this, but I can't bring myself to be) in this context I really don't care whether justice has been done or not.

17. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Plague on both there houses is how I kinda feel about it morally. From a legal perspective I think there shows reasonable doubt but that was for the jury on the day to decide. I did work alongside a forensic toxicologist for a few years at a forensic company (LGC formerly The laboratory of the Government Chemist. Based on the NPL site in Teddington.) She once said to me (this was in 2005) that a high percentage (somewhere in the low 90's but I can't remember the exact figure) of claims for the use of date rape drugs actually turn out to be an excuse to cover up infidelities after being found out. Most caused by either too much alcohol and doing something they later regret or just plain old affairs. What scares me is the risks young people are prepared to take to get some compensation or a story to sell to the papers for money. Guess it's the me-now generations lazy way to quick money.

18. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I have had the date rape drug once (Rhohypnol), when I had my wisdom tooth extracted.
    I have a fuzzy recollection of everything that happened, but wasn't too concerned about it...Incidentally my daughter had her drink spiked once in a club....the bouncers basically saw it happened, and made sure the guy who tried it knew it was a bad thing!!
    But she too said she sort of knew what was happening but did not really care, she told me in fuzzy detail about complaining to the bouncers and them dragging the guy out...and putting her in a taxi...and ringing me to pay the driver at the other end...all of which did happen

I expect it depends on the dose...but I do not think that is an all or nothing event either

19. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Sorry I should have made it clear that we were discussing rape cases reported to the police. I have now doubt it's out there and in use. Luckily, like in your daughters case, it is often noticed stopped.

20. QPR247

QPR247 Active Member

It is a difficult one, looking at the website, it would certainly appear he's been harshly treated. The video's of her coming into the hotel don't appear to show a young girl who was blind drunk and wouldn't remember the whole night. Anyone drunk, in those heals, crouching to pick up a pizza box would definitely have a wobble!!

Agree with the others, he put himself in a bad situation but again, no different than what a lot of people do every weekend, footballers or not.

For me, the real discussion comes down to should a convicted rapist be allowed to play football again? I can see it from the clubs point of view, it might have a negative effect on prospective supporters or sponsors. However, he does have the right to make a living, if he was a fireman or plumber, he'd be allowed to continue in those fields. Because he's a footballer, should he then be disqualified from earning a living?