1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHEATING

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 21, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37702046

Not my choice as a manager of GFC.............so - who would be happy to have a person whose tactics include cheating ?
    If it gets to that stage I won't be coming to Priestield. Whilst I hate to lose by the opposition cheating ( or the officials cheating -- because I don't believe they can be so bad at times WITHOUT cheating ), I have no desire to be a hypocrite, or to condone cheating - just because the other team is cheating - two wrongs do not make one 'right' - they make TWO wrongs. You may tell me that they will 'cancel' each other - but - what would be the point of playing the game - if all we do is to see who is best at cheating.

2. brb

brb CR250

agree....unless it's the Crazy Gang style of cheating <laugh>

3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think cheating is a unfortunate term for him to use, it is fact that unless a player falls over he is unlikely to be awarded a foul. Any defender knows that clipping the ankles of the attacking player will lose him half a yard of pace and kill his move, this sounds like a case where he is just saying the opposition is benefiting by his players not going down.

4. alwaysright

Mark Haywood

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

ref today was so one sided. When will we get a decent ref

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Not sure what planet that referee was on today. Charlton's striker Magennis gave away enough fouls today to have warranted a second card and it shouldn't have taken as long as it did for the ref to brandish the first one. Numerous decisions went against us today, Nouble getting a shove in the back got missed but the slightest of touches on a Charlton player ended in fouls and to top it off, how did we not get a penalty for Cody being shoved over lord only knows.

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

If the FA want to investigate corruption in football, that match would be worth a look.

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  8. alwaysright

The referee's a w..... The expression I'm looking for isn't 'whistle happy' !

I've calmed down a bit since Mr.Haywood spoilt my Saturday afternoon. I will concede that the penalty decisions against The Gills were correct - I will go so far as to concede that Gills had only ONE penalty claim that was credible - that being the foul on McDonald in injury time - so where was the consistency by the referee ?

How can these officials be so poor in their observation ?

The expression I am looking for is -- 'Mark Haywood is a Charleton' - would anyone care to edit my post ? - ( clue - just remove one vowel to make it correct )

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Even the Charlton fans forum thought the ref was one sided, from the stonewall penalty to the spurious corner where everyone including the linesman thought it was a goal kick.

10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

The pen decision on cody was not injury time it was when we were 1 nil up and could have been made it 2 plus player sent off being last man

11. brb

brb CR250

Grumpy i got to be honest i was exactly in line with Nels over the corner decision, and i would have sworn despite Nels protests that he touched the ball. That's what i love about local games and this was a classic.