1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlie Austin

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by bilko, Jan 28, 2013.

1. bilko

bilko Member

As a Swindon fan i heard you have had a bid accepted for Charlie Austin this afternoon and although he is out injured at the moment he will be having his medical tomorrow. I hope this move goes through as we would get a sell on fee and also i would like to think we could keep Chris Martin who surprisingly came to us unfit and was carrying a bit of timber but with Di Canios' hard training schedule that all the players go through Martin is looking really sharp now and is enjoying himself at our club. Hoepfully we will have the new owners taking over this week after all the bullshit about our club in the national press last week which has led to one of the papers offering a full apology in yesterday edition and also agreed compensation for theri libelous remarks.

Good luck for the rest of the season and if you get Austin he will no doubt score goals for you and i would nt be surprised once he's in the premier league Hodgson will have to look at him for England.

2. danary

danary Active Member

There's been no mention of this at our end as far as I'm aware. Where did you hear this from?

3. Hucks for Manager!

Hucks for Manager! Well-Known Member

A source would be good, but I'd be really happy with Austin. I'm surprised he hasn't already been snapped up by a Premier League side, to be honest.

4. bilko

bilko Member

someone i know at Swindon who knows charlie well cant say a name which i'm sure you understand. but it all depends on his medical of course. wouldnt bullshit you on it and with all due respect to Burnley dont see why he went there in the first place and if eddie howe hadnt of gone there he was going to sign for Ipswich at the time.

Whichever he league he plays in he will score goals he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, he is without doubt a talented player and still only 23.

Fair play to him we signed him for 50k from Poole town and within 18 months he was in the championship and Burnley paid 1.9 million for him.
    He will show up alot of these average foreign strikers in the premier league if he's given the chance.

I hope you get him as he would be great for Norwich.

5. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Hmm, wouldn't say no but I'd prefer Ricky van Willywinkle

6. swindonyellow

swindonyellow Member

How close is your friend to Charlie then? as one of my friends who grew up with him, hasn't told me anything about any interest from Norwich whatsoever.

This isn't a "I don't believe you" question, but more of a "I'm going to kill my mate for not telling me if he knew anything!!" question.

Would love Austin here. like you say, he just has the knack. Just hope he has calmed down his ego a bit, and cut down on um...... social life and the stuff that goes with it!!

7. swindonyellow

swindonyellow Member

Just spoke to my mate who has heard nothing. He has just text around the family, and none of them have heard anything either.

This doesn't mean that it is not true, but I doubt it. <ok>

8. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

I hope it's true. When he partnered Paynter at the Robins, they looked a good pairing. And he looks like the kind of guy who could partner Holt. Don't think he is a lone ranger though. We would have to alter our formation. But I guess we are all expecting that anyway.

9. Paint Me Yellow

Must be mistaken, nothing anywhere about us agreeing a deal or even looking at him.

10. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

On the Burnley board the OP states the info comes from Norwich. On here he says it comes from Austin.