1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Watch!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Brizzle v Derby a play off shoot out <yikes>

How did Leeds get on by the way<whistle>

clingo likes this.
  2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

That post was my first comment on the very sad Sala affair.

When I heard that the plane had gone missing, my FIRST thought was, who's player is / was he, and how many lawyers were now pouring over contracts to find out the level of responsibility, etc.?
    I didn't post my questions, lest they were seen in bad taste.

However, things have moved on.

Cardiff had to announce him as their new signing, the fans' demanded such.

Sala had been paraded wearing the shirt, holding the scarf, and tapping his head in the moronic way that only Cardiff fans' can appreciate, or even understand.
    For all intents and purposes, he was a Cardiff player.
    Had anyone associated with that Club possessed a modicum of intelligence, or awareness of the realities of players being signed by Welsh Club's, they would have held back, until such time as the transfer WAS RATIFIED BY ALL THE RELEVANT ORGANISATIONS. Then produce him tapping his head.

Time has moved on, and Sala was not in fact a fully signed up player for Cardiff City, and NOW they are contesting the validity of the deal. No surprise there than, at least to me, who saw it coming, from day one.

Warnock stated that " Cardiff would do the right thing, and pay the £ 15 million ". He went up in my estimation when saying that, but I doubt that he had discussed it with his employers beforehand.

I also saw your "5p in the pound" coming. Predictability, it's so predictable. <laugh>

Perhaps Cardiff could use that as a reason to avoid their responsibilities to Nantes in this unfortunate matter.

" The Swans' only pay 5p in the pound ". <laugh> Why should we pay more ? <laugh>

PS. I don't feel embarrassed, but perhaps you should - NOW !

3. LIBERTARIAN

No need, as I was expecting Cardiff's reaction. Read my post 21/4/2019.

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Sparks can this thread be tidied up and kept on subject?

Its going to go to the wire in the Championship.

Think Leeds will do it.

It would be funny to see Villa fail but id rather them not be in the Championship next season.

5. LIBERTARIAN

Threads often go off the subject, that's what makes it so interesting. Tidying up is another way of getting rid of difficult side issues raised, and not having to deal with them. They don't go away, however, so best dealt with.

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Theres a thread already on the subject. Put your cheap shot comments on there.

This is about the Championship. You should be more concerned about getting to the play offs winning them and going up.

Otherwise it wont be pretty this summer at Swansea Town.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I don't feel embarrassed at all.

I agree that the timing of the announcement may have been premature, but most / all clubs (including yourselves) will have announced signings before they have been ratified. Also, many contracts will have been modified and resigned after those players have been an ounce, we just don't hear about it as there is no need.
    What is unprecedented in this instance is the unfortunate loss of life and the unbelievable timing. A week earlier he'd defi.itely have been a Nantes player, a week later defintely a Cardiff player.

As has been written numerous times, but you obviously can't be bothered to read the correct threads, comes down to insurance.
    If he is shown to be a Cardiff player, we pay Nantes and we claim on our insurance, neither club out of pocket.
    If he is shown to be a Nantes player, they claim on their insurance. Neither club out of pocket.
    If we pay Nantes and he's a Nantes player, we can't claim on the insurance and we're £15M out of pocket.

As for the 5p in the pound comment, predictable yes (and about which YOU should be ashamed), but there again, people in glass houses.......

8. LIBERTARIAN

The timing WAS unfortunate, but the backsliding/positioning by Cardiff will never go away, and will bring much criticism in the years to come. You will have to endure that, as illustrated by your 5p jibe.
    Do you lot possess the backbone to handle it ? Not from these threads, you don't.

Time is no healer in these matters, with football followers, in the main, being mentally unhinged, and constantly looking for opportunities to insult, abuse and gloat.

Why should I be ashamed of something I was not involved/had no say/influence, in ?
    What a silly thing to insinuate.
    I used to live in Cardiff, does that mean I should be ashamed of this Nantes affair ?

9. ccfcremotesupport

Using your logic, why should I be ashamed of something I had no say or influence in?
    Rather a flawed argument.

10. LIBERTARIAN

I was wondering if you would spot that. Well done. <laugh>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.

11. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Looks like it's going to be a fantastic run in with the Blades, Leeds and Norwich showing a few nerves. I also think the play-off places will go down to the wire. If I had a choice it would be Norwich and Sheffield United in the auto spots and (forgive me) Brizzle City up via the play-offs.

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I hope Leeds go up with Norwich and the blades win the playoffs myself as the best 3 teams this season overall, However all 3 will be whipping boys in the premiership next season...

13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Get this thread back on topic and moderate the ill educated tosh from the third world

14. LIBERTARIAN

You mean to say that people from Grangetown are STILL allowed to post their " ill educated tosh " on this forum ? Tsk, tsk. <laugh>

15. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't look in much on here yesterday with our game and other Easter matters going on, but I see a couple of calls for moderation on this thread. I don't like the moderation (deletion) of comments per se having personally suffered at the hands of "The Vicar" on another forum for no reason other than it didn't fit the doctrine he laid down.

Having said that, it's a valid point that this thread was broadly being kept on topic and was a fair exchange of views on the intended subject. For some reason it has been skewed away from it's purpose to discuss unrelated matters that have been well covered elsewhere.

I would simply ask those who are disrupting the discussion to desist from now on and we can all carry on discussing the vey exciting end to the Championship season over the next few weeks.

I thank you all. <ok>

BluefromBridgend and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  16. ccfcremotesupport

My fault.
    Appologies.

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No apologies requested nor needed - the problem started with post #197.

Thread disruption is a problem, but not necessarily life threatening. <ok>

18. LIBERTARIAN

Not that it matters very much, but the disruption started a bit earlier when the price of Easter eggs was mentioned.

But , hey, I've got broad shoulders, so you can just blame me. <laugh>

It's all a bit sad when people complain about something so trivial as having to deal with two subjects in a thread. Concentration, coupled with a modicum of intelligence, would clearly assist the complainer.
    It's make one wonder how he copes in the real world, where real problems abound.

Have a nice day. <ok>

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

The thread started to go south in your post #197 and the mentioning of the Sala incident which has nothing to do with the Championship subject. It was just a cheap shot on your part and it got a response - I expect the response your were hoping for.

Most of us have got no problem with handling different subjects on a specific thread, but your intervention with that post was uncalled for. It's still up there because we don't choose to delete something for the sake of it - I just wish sometimes we wouldn't bite.

Please continue to post across here Vetch - we have need of chat with others as well as between ourselves. <ok>

20. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Problems? Still trying to work out what desist means! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.