1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Champions League Final build-up

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintKlopp

It's all nonsense.

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Isnt life?

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I not superstitious but I'm not going to walk under a ladder or smash a mirror to test the theory.

I've said we'd win it since we qualified. Did I really believe it? No. Do I really believe we'll win it now? No. Not going to stop me saying it though :)

Bumps likes this.
  5. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I agree :)
    I just can’t bring myself to tempt anything
    I myself still refuse to say candy man 3 times in front of a mirror...
    Now that is messed up right there lmao

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Candyman was five times wasn't it? Beetlejuice was three

Bumps likes this.
  7. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Be fecked if I know but not fecking trying either <laugh><laugh>

8. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

May have been Bloody Mary 3 times
    - urban legend
    Beetlejuice was defo 3

9. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Got to work till ****ing 9pm on Tuesday night !! :emoticon-0183-swear

Roma could be said to be the Italian equivalent to us in some ways. Different styles of football for sure, but in terms of the romance behind their run to the semis (perhaps a bit unexpected but nevertheless impressive like ours), the momentum they've built, and especially the Barca comeback there are comparisons to be made ... this was somewhat similar to our beating City in two legs thinking about it as a sort of mega-result for the club beating what were considered a shoe-in or 'top top' side, alright we were never behind City like that but there's a very similar feeling created amongst both sets of fans and both teams

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Difference is, their story ends at the semi final stage...

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

Italian League Seria A
    Roma 4th in the table:
    P W D L F A GD P
    32 18 7 7 50 26 24 61
    Played 32 Drawn 7 Lost 7 Goal for 60 Goal against 26 Goal difference 24 Point=61

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. saintKlopp

Roma are the weakest side left (there are only 4) but that doesn't mean they're easy.
    Barca thought just that and were complacent. We have to make sure we don't fall into the same trap.

13. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Human beings are irrational.

Take the "Commentator's Curse." How often do commentators say something and nothing happens? But as soon as something they say coincides with something on the pitch, OMG it's a curse!

I once picked up the phone to call a schoolmate and he was already on the other end. Spooky coincidence but how many things have happened in my life? You can't count them. And it was a weekend afternoon, when we'd be more likely to call mates. Maybe we'd been watching something on TV that subconsciously made us think of calling, or we already had a reason to call to organise a night out. It really wasn't that chance in a billion we might've thought.

What are the chances of three siblings sharing a birthday? Pretty high, you might instinctively think, so when you hear of it happening you think it's a huge coincidence. But if you do the arithmetic, it's not as high as you think.

The chances of somebody winning the lottery twice is not as far-fetched as people instinctively think.

You could've predicted we'd win before every league game this season. You'd have been right more than wrong but when you were wrong, the odds are that people would've blamed you. And the chances it was your fault are not as ridiculous as you might think.

organic red likes this.
  14. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Three <ok>

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

#footballgenius

16. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Do you know what the chances of you quoting that were?

It's irrational to quote half a sentence, so the chances are good that you believe in ghosts.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

Co-incidence is an interesting word. It means without any casual relationship between the two events.

As you say one person winning lottery twice.

The only real cuase is person bought a lottery ticket for two different draw. they chose to do so and balls in a machine happen to fall to those numbers.

siblings sharing a birthday may not be a coincidence.

For example if parent **** on the same night each year then there is a higher chance of this happening.... eg.valentines day ****ing = november 7th baby.... if timing's work out.

just interesting thats all.

Commentators are always saying something stupid about the player on the ball so if a player is involved in kicking someone and the commentator says he wants to calm down and then said player kicks someone well guess what... not rocket science.

If a commentator said something wild like messi is in great form i hope he doens't break his left leg then... well if he breaks his left leg that might be odd.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nope, five...

Screenshot_20180418-171616_Google.jpg

Bumps likes this.
  19. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Roma will be a very difficult game at their ground. We need at least a 3 -0 win at anfield. If they score an away goal I do not fancy our chances.

20. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

A bit like Lawro who in the last 2-3 years has never predicted us to lose a match.Does he think we are invincible or is he biased towards us not thinking we could be beaten in any match? :bandit: He will be right many more times than he is wrong

The probability of a specific individual like you or me winning the lottery jackpot this week is very small. But the probability of any unspecified male (assuming gender equality in purchases) winning the lottery this w/e is around 50%. For that same man to win it again next weekend the probability will be the same as for you and me. And the probability of the same man winning EVER again will be dependent on how many other times he plays again so that if he plays for another 100000 times the odds will be greatly improved in his favour. So you are absolutely right. A bit like throwing a dice. What are the odds of the same number coming up again (not necessarily consecutively) if that number is not specified and you are throwing several times? Quite high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.