1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chambo to continue as captain

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jul 26, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Spot on IMHO. One of the few players Hurst inherited who has Ipswich Town truly running through his veins in the tradition of Counago and Wilnis and many before them.

We all know our defence has been too error prone, but in a new era and with better players around him I see no reason why Chambo can't be an important player under Hurst.

Already, by re-signing Bart, turning down the Waghorn bid, by this decision Hurst has got off on the right foot for me.

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Agreed. Changing the captain this summer, with the amount of transition we’ve already had and are undergoing, could create unnecessary problems with the players.

Chambers will be a first team regular, unless he suffers injury or loss of form, and as you say, is clearly passionate about the club, players, staff, and supporters.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me too.Hopefully it will lay to rest the stupid idea that certain players’ loyalties lie with the manager not the Club and fans,who,after all,pay their wages.It probably helps that Chambers has some past associations with either Hurst or Doig?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Decent start but 4 in with about 15 out, we're miles off doing a lot for me.

Maintain Waghorn WILL go yet - however I'd expect at least three in for the Blackburn game.

Chambers = good decision.

5. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

In all fairness, we don't really have any other options for captain maybe Skuse, but no other true leaders who can galvanise the team