1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cesar finally going?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Shawswood, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Portuguese newspaper Record has reported that he is in Lisbon ready to sign for Benfica, and has rescinded his contract with QPR!

Just another paper story or the end of a sorry saga?
    The truth will out...... Eventually!

2. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Great news if true

3. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Hope it's true. Benfica just sold their keeper Oblak to Atletico Madrid for €15m. They are looking for a replacment AND have the cash. Please don't let it be the newspapers adding 2+2 and getting 5.

4. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but that would be the last of MH's mercenaries?

5. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

Does that mean we will get a fee for him, what's this about rescinded contract... I know we want him off the books but they just got 15m for their keeper...

6. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

You can be sure the greedy ***t has waited as long as he can before saying goodbye to his weekly QPR wage.

Good Riddance. Utter ****ing mercenary.

7. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Sounds good.

We really need to be moving on all these players that don't want to be here and get a squad finalised that will actually be playing whole-heartedly for us.

Unsettled players are a waste of space, time and wages.

Although that would definitely mean another goalie having to come in.....any suggestions as to who?

8. Bush Rhino

Al-Habsi Please.

9. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

Mercenary?? Why is he a mercenary? We gave him a contract and weren't smart enough to put in a relegation clause, Cesar said he was willing to play for us in the Championship, how does that make him a mercenary? The club were the stupid ones, but Cesar in my view has done nothing wrong for us whatsoever, he turned up played very well for the most part and stuck by the club. And I suppose this week we're all praying Remy comes out on to the pitch and if he does he's a hero, but he'll be just another mercenary if he leaves in the transfer window??

Get some perspective.

10. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

He's an incredibly wealthy man who could of dropped his wage demands to play for a big club but didn't. Instead he went to Toronto whilst still pulling in his enormous weekly wage from us.
    If Remy moves it would more than likely be to play for a bigger club!

11. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Thats if a bigger club enquired about him, how many people would take a job in the same industry doing the same thing for less money, thats how wealthy people stay wealthy

12. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

I think you just described a mercenary...

13. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Rescinded his contract? Whoopee!...<party>

14. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how much money he has, we gave him a contract and he was prepared to play for his contract, that is what you do in any business, you complete your part in the contract. The club gave him that contract and when it didn't suit them anymore they tried to get out of the contract, they got their fingers burned through stupid business, thus trying not to stick to their part of the contract. Now who is in the wrong here?

Yeah ok Cesar could have moved on, got played less and been playing, but he wanted to play here, with us. Something no too many other players were will to do for the last few years, it may have only been for the money, but then as you said he doesn't need the money but he was still prepared to play for us. So before anyone brands a player a mercenary, should that tag be given to any player who wants to play for us and is professional enough to play well in doing so?

15. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

You got it dead right Lone. Cesar is our best Keeper IMO and we should keep him. If we don't we need to spend another wad of cash to get in somebody as good. And 99% of us all are mercenaries.

16. qpr1976

qpr1976 Active Member

This !!!!

Someone that can see the truth. So many just jump on the mercenary bandwagon without thinking it through.

17. FinnHoop

FinnHoop Well-Known Member

absolutey this!

There were reports when he went to Toronto that he had agreed to go to Arsenal a year ago, but the CLUBS couldn't agree on terms.
    No one in QPR or any other club he's ever played for have ever had anything negative to say about him, quite the opposite. Most of them have praised his professional attitude, team spirit and willingness to help and guide the younger, less experienced teammates.

18. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

That would make me one of the 1% as I've taken a position that pays me less to spend more time with my kids!!(bit of a sweeping generalisation)
    Couldn't catch a cross for toffee & was purely with us for the money. I bet he'd never heard of us before. Will always be a mercenary in my eyes, not jumping on any band wagon as I'm old enough to form my own opinions!

19. sextonsarmy

sextonsarmy Member

Absolutely agree - can't understand the flack he gets from many fans or the assumptions people are choosing to make about his attitude and motivation

20. Bush Rhino

Here Here.

The flack is because of the games to wages ratio, the inability to catch anything just punch, the inability to deal with crosses and the reluctance to close down angles or come out. He could have moved last year but stayed and took the money until he blinked and went to Toronto. Do you really believe that he didn't see QPR as his retirement fund.