1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Certainly no hard feelings

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by EastneyPFC, Oct 24, 2017.

1. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...napp-s-peace-message-to-pompey-fans-1-8200115

I think most Pompey fans realise a lot of what went on was not in his control under his tenure. Personally I thoroughly enjoyed our time under him - not just the Cup win and Championship success but just the feel and the football we played - front foot and having a go. So he'll always have my thanks and I think the game lack's characters like him...more's the pity.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Football under Harry was always exciting, especially the season when we won promotion to the Premier League. He had a way of bringing out the best in players - look at Kanu for example ! Virtually finished as a player with West Brom, Harry signed him on a free transfer, and he was an absolute revelation for us, and not just in the FA Cup.

I was very sorry to see him leave for Southampton after his "fall out" with Milan Mandaric, but delighted at his return and what he achieved with us. Great football manager during his time at Fratton Park.

EastneyPFC likes this.