1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carlos is the latest to be sacked

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Mono, May 10, 2018.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Yes new manager incoming, again!!.............<laugh>

Did you know that Laudrup was first choice and Carlos second? at least we have no debts to worry about like Sunderland and Stoke, we really need to be ruthless with this squad now and only keep the players that are truly worth it, get a midfield general in and a top striker for the championship, even if we porch from the Championship, we have the parachute payments, it gives us the advantage. Blood some more youngsters through, we should be good to go to kick ass in the Championship, going to enjoy kicking the weeds..........<ok>

3. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

I hope they got a decent keeper lined up for when Fab goes !

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

Nordfeldt will probably succeed Fab, I'm more interested in the midfield and front line, we need serious surgery there, Hope Ki goes, not sure what will happen to Baston and Mesa, hope we blood James, Byers, as well as continuing with Roberts, a new challenge dawns................<ok>

5. swantastic

Amy money left in the kitty after sticky fingers and pay offs ?

6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Piss off, don’t remind me that we will lose Fabianski. The rest can **** off.

7. DragonPhilljack

The budget will be slashed for sure, and while we are debt free, we do not want to rack up debts, and it should be straightforward with the sale of the Ayew brothers, Mawson, and Fab, not to mention Baston and Mesa, who will all bring in reasonable fees..............<ok>

8. neveroffsidereff

I’m not happy that we have to sell Fabianski. I’ll be gutted when he eventually goes. :(

DragonPhilljack and swantastic like this.
  9. swantastic

Yep but doubt it be reinvested in good players !

10. DragonPhilljack

It would not be fair on him to keep him, he deserves the top league, and I wish him all the very best, he's been by some measure our best player this season, along with Jordan Ayew, the others I care little about what happens to them, Bony I would love to see the wast of space off our books too, time to regroup.....<ok>

neveroffsidereff likes this.

11. neveroffsidereff

I fully agree Phil, I hope he goes to a decent club. We've wasted loads of money on poor player acquisitions we can ill afford to lose.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I think Fabianski should stay. Why should we let him go ? We pay him good money to do a job, just because he does it well doesn't mean we should let him go. We should be trying to hold on to any quality we have !!

We sold Gylfi last year - he was quality - looked what happened.

If we want to return to the PL, we shouldn't start out by getting rid of the small amount of quality we have.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  13. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

I would have kept Carlos.
    As others are saying, he knows the Championship and Sheffield did get to two play offs.

Atari - Sigurdsson was going no matter what.
    And, who could have predicted the nightmare transfers we've brought in over the last two years? Most (not all) looked decent appointments.
    Goalkeepers are a strange lot - If he feels he's wanted and decides this world cup is his international Swans song then he might stay. I don't think Nordfeldt will as he was persuaded to hang on this season .. he wants International recognition.
    Of the others? Do we try to keep what is a decent Championship squad together?
    Especially as high price players will no fetch anywhere near the prices we paid for them.
    The Ayew's will want out, I'm sure, but McBurnie seems to have found his level and surly Wilf will have recovered but will not be attracting buyers.
    A couple more under 23s would be capable of being introduced - Matic, James, Biabi and even Gore.
    Connor should try to get to another PL club.
    Although they might not want to leave their current set ups
    Amat, Fulton, Borja and possibly King should be brought back.

I wouldn't want King and Sanches and Abraham will be off.

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Fabianski doesn't deserve to go down, neither does Jordan Ayew imo. They were the only 2 to consistently perform all season. Fabianski made some amazing stops and Ayew ran himself into the ground every game. They were the only true quality players left in the squad after the yanks decimated it.

There will certainly be a fire sale this summer, Mindy and the hedge fund has to show a profit so money will be recouped from somewhere, everywhere. Great decision by the council not to sell the Liberty to them.

I think we wont recognize our team next year, I see Fabs, Mawson, VDH, Carroll, Ki, J Ayew, Bony all going because the board wont want to pay their wages. Doubt Andy King will want to renew his loan and I doubt the board will want to buy any replacements so we'll be seeing our U23's playing.

One good thing though, Abraham and Sanchez, whos presence greatly assisted our drop into the Championship, will be leaving us and good ****ing riddance. Both were atrocious and personified all that was bad this season.

Cookie and Symons anyone?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  15. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

My preference of managers if they could be persuaded to go to the second tier is the same as after Monk was sacked.

Potter and Reid
    Sousa

16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter who the manager is if we don't get out transfers right.

17. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Strange timing. Why not wait till the last game is out the way. CC will be asking the players to put in a historic performance hoping that ManCity have one of them days where they destroy the opposition with ease. Now the players will be thinking, 'why should I risk injury/suspension for this guy, he's gone next week?'
    There's been talk that Stoke are downing tools for this one, but they will not want to embarrass themselves further if the home team can't be arsed.

Strange indeed.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. DragonPhilljack

The North bank need to take the lead in the last game of the season at the Liberty, to send a very loud and clear message to Huw Jenkins, and the Yanks of how we feel, never mind the game, we are down, stuff most of these players, they are not good enough to wear the Swansea shirt, lets send a clear message that will be heard loud and clearly on MOTD

19. DragonPhilljack

Fully agree with everything here, it's how I see it also..............................<ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  20. DragonPhilljack

I very much doubt that will happen.......................<ok>