1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carl Jenkinson

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperYann36, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SuperYann36

SuperYann36 New Member

Good win today, finally scoring some goals it seems. Wasn't at the game, but apparently there was some chants against Carl Jenkinson as he is set to leave this summer?

Disappointed as he is leaving (heard Arsenal), was wondering how bad the abuse was and what others thought of him?

2. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Sorry for the lad in that he has been poorly advised to make public his decision not to sign a new contract on the recommendation of somebody telling him Arsenal would be in for him. If he had signed we might have got some money for him but not from the likes of of the premiership because he is good but not that good. He is now in a catch 22 situation that if the big clubs don't come in for him he may have to sign a slightly worse deal with us and be subject to abuse. I don't object to the lad going for the money, but he needs better advisors than he has got. If he goes to Arsenal he will sit on the bench if he goes to a championship club he will become another travelling journeyman on a little more than he got at the Valley but unlikely to attract long term respect. More than likely he will be playing against us in the next two seasons and I hope that he will be regretting the advice he has had and taken.

The abuse amounted to booing while he warmed up - not to be condoned since as supporters we are entitle to boo a poor performance but booing before he comes on amounts to personal abuse. It may be his fault that he has poor advisors but I feel it has probably cost him his career so we should feel a little sorry for him.

3. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

it werent that bad. he only warmed up for about 10 mins during the game, got an immediate boooo, but it wasnt that bad, would say only about a quater of people there booed him.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

I remember that game and I booooed him...wont need to again he`s history GOOD