1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff v Watford.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Cardiff v Watford.

The race to be best of the rest takes Watford F.C. to Cardiff. Despite being a bit of a Marmite manager, and also with recent transfer issues impacting the club, you have to give credit to Warnock that after 26 games his team are one point above the relegation zone. I'd also like to add that where ever he got his eyebrows done, well, it really suits him and gives him a nice feminine touch not seen in the Prem before. If anyone can shed light onto what happened to them I'd be grateful!

Cardiff have won their last two games and are better at home so will be right up for this. Even though the game has been put on a Friday night due to egg chasing going on in Wales on Saturday causing problems for travelling fans. (I think that is the reason anyways)

Watford have a chance to regain 7th spot, albeit by one point, if they win as Wovles play Bournemouth on Saturday. José (jovial) Holebas is suspended, so Masina will probably step in. I hope Gracia goes for TD9 and AG up top as Del Boy hasn't been in good form recently and I'd like to see a bit more power against their defence with two up top.

On paper, Wolves have a better run in than us. If we stand a chance of finishing 7th these are the games we need to put to bed. If not well, we can still win the F.A. Cup and finish above the Snake, but, we might need a helping hand from GT in the sky ;)

ENJOY THE GAME <cheers>

COYH <magic>
    COYH <wizard> COYH

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Very good luck to the Golden Boys <cheers>

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Good chance of three points.. IMO

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

They seem to have hit a run of form but that might bring pressure for them as Cardiff fans might expect something from the game.

Probably won't be a classic.

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why?

Just asking.

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Because I have many Watford supporting friends who have all shown me an awful lot of love <ok>

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Fair enough. <ok>

Deleted....... and Scullion like this.
  8. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Don’t worry Sparkey. It’s nothing against Cardiff. Canary Dave wishes us luck for every game we play!

Oldsparkey likes this.
  9. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

My barber started asking if he could trim my eyebrows, I have given up saying no despite needing all the hair I can get.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Talking about eyebrows. do you remember our old owner before that nice Mr. Tan paid him off?

please log in to view this image

11. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Javi Gracia has been handed a double boost with the news that Roberto Pereyra and Isaac Success are fit and available for the game against Cardiff on Friday night.

Neither player has featured since the game against Tottenham Hotspur because of hamstring injuries, but they have made swift progress and are in the shake-up to play some part against the Bluebirds.

“Roberto and Isaac are both ready to compete,” said Javi Gracia. “Roberto is a very important player, making the difference in a lot of games, scoring goals and assisting.

“Isaac hasn’t played the same minutes as other players, but the time he played, he played with quality and is helping the team. He’s a good option for us in attack with his power and pace. He is something different for us to help us manage different games.”

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  12. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

13. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the games is being televised or was it just moved because of the rugby

14. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Alas, just the rugby...

Markthehorn likes this.
  15. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Oh well, three counties radio it is then

16. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Could come back on the boil as the forecast is looking up!

17. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Now, I know I bang on about the media the whole time but this sort of thing drives me nuts! (from SSN today):

'On the pitch it has been a positive few weeks for Cardiff.

They have beaten Bournemouth and Southampton to give their hopes of avoiding relegation a huge boost. They are now out of the bottom three and still have some inviting fixtures to come as they face Watford, out-of-form Everton and West Ham at home in their next three games.'

So, they're implying that the next three games for Cardiff are OK fixtures for them, but to justify Everton being an ‘easier’ game they have to add the 'out-of-form' bit because they're a 'big' club aren't they?! Rant over.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    brian_66_usa and Hornet-Fez like this.
  18. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cardiff City are doubtful about both Sean Morrison and Victor Camarasa as Neil Warnock prepares for the visit of Watford on Friday.

Morrison, who has been out of action since January 12 after having an appendix operation, is back in training but is unlikely to feature in the Premier League encounter.

Meanwhile, Camarasa could make an appearance off the bench as he did against Southampton in Cardiff’s last fixture.

The Spanish playmaker has been troubled by a calf injury since the start of January but made a cameo appearance as a substitute in the Bluebirds’ 2-1 win away against the Saints.

The situation is thought to be complicated because of the involvement of the player’s own Spanish medical team.

“So it’s difficult for Victor because he has so many people talking to him and difficult for me.

“If he’s fit, he’s playing, so it’s difficult when they have so many advisers.

19. Cheek - they should have moved the rugby instead.

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That will never happen in this oval ball obsessed part of the world pal. <ok>

All CCFC season's fixtures are known in July, so you'd think they could pick a weekend when City are away from home or even play it on the Sunday if we're playing on the Saturday!

The annual 6 nations tournament means Wales play either 2 or 3 home games a year at the Principality Stadium against the other 5 nations whilst City will play 19 games at home at the CCS.

Last Saturday for instance we had no game at all because of the FA Cup round, the weekend before that we were away at Southampton, but no - rugby comes first every time and they'll pick their own day. If it clashes then CCFC have their game moved by SWP - never the rugby fixture - makes our blood boil down here. <steam>