1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cardiff Leeds highlights or low lights?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Second loss of the season so far, down to third in league; it's not wrist slashing time for sure, and the season is still young.

After 10 games I think most will be happy where we are. As the saying goes, hardest part about being on top is staying on top. Last season we saw the top 2 positions chopping and changing between Brighton and Newcastle, what counts is where we finish at end of season.

TBH, I don't think we played that bad, but we were under par from what we were all seeing during the beginning of season. Cardiff played better football, end of.

Our defence lacked something, and TBH, I think it's the new way Jansson is playing, he doesn't seem to be a patch on the way he played last season, someone seems to have told him to cool it.....wrong instructions, Janssons being shackled, and he shouldn't be, he should be allowed to play his natural and normal way.

Cooper, He's been playing well this season, those two tackles resulting in his sending off were out of character for him imo.

Berardi should be our LB, I'd like to see him back at RB, but he does a great job at LB; if he'd have scored with the one on one our fans would've gone literally mental for him, but he's not a striker.

Weinwald, nothing he could do about the 1st goal, second goal I thought he could have done better with his dive, 3rd goal, I was wondering why Weinwald didn't get his hand to it. I'd like to see Lonergan given a go so Weinwald can learn a few things by watching Lonny.

Midfield, we're lacking and slacking again. Phillips for me creates no impact, yes he's scored a few good goals, but back in midfield he seems like a gun without bullets. A mistake by Phillips lead to Cardiffs first. Cardiff dominated the midfield.

I'd like to see Klich and O'Kane together, Klich and Vieira, mmmm maybe, Vieira is still by all accounts still learning, but Klich and O'Kane would be the best combination.

Forward mids, this selection had me scratching my head wondering what TC was doing and thinking. The way I see it, TC broke the link in the chain of Hernandez, Saiz and Alioski. Saiz and Alioski link up well together, they play off each other and for most of time seem to know where the other one is.

I think Alioski is getting very eager to score again, needs to calm down a bit and play the football we know he can, the goals will come.

Hernandez and Saiz seem to play well together, both speak Spanish and one compliments the other. Hernandez seemed a different and rejuvenated player once TC brought him and Saiz together, and he was lasting through most games, I think the team, Alioski and Pablo were missing Saiz. Why change something that was working well for team, didn't understand that decision TC.

Striker/s, mmmmmm, the question many have asked "why bring Lasogga back from Germany to sit him on bench" he should've played. Like someone previously mentioned, Doc from memory, Roofe is not a striker, league 1 yes, in this league, no. Grot for me lacks pace, obviously inexperienced and seems to lack drive. When you look at Cardiffs strikers, they were whippey, pacey and well inspired and driven. Cardiff wasn't the game to include Grot.

TC, bad team selection, looked like the wrong tactics and needs to start doing his homework on opponents, didn't seem like he did against Cardiff, even though he said he knew what to expect; if you are expecting it TC, do what's required to combat it.

Burnley the exception, Leeds performances have been below par, is the whole team down? or is TC changing the way they use to play, the way that got us all excited. TC, don't shackle the players, don't take links out the chain, and pick the strongest team, always.......just let'em rip....:emoticon-0148-yes:

14 mins from LUTV

TC's post match interview

TC's LS11 post match interview

Eddie and Thom's post match analysis

Warnock and TC's post match interview

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

What a feckin' bell end. Again. <doh>

This is the problem when you just listen to commentators & believe everything they say. <doh> It's been discussed on at least 2 threads here too, and yet you persist with this shiite. <doh>

It was your feckin' bum-chum :emoticon-0172-mooni Klich that made the mistake - not Phillips! True, you may not have noticed that he was on the park, but he was. We're still waiting on this earth-shattering impact you've promised us. And the defence-splitting passes. All we got was a mediocre performance with nothing special of note, AND A BIG FECKIN' MISTAKE THAT EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY KNOWS ABOUT APART FROM YOU! <doh>

Or perhaps you do know about it, and simply refuse to acknowledge it. Wouldn't surprise me with your record. <doh>

FORZA LEEDS and Brendan Sheerin like this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Having sat through the original 90+ minutes of this ****e game first time around, Ill skip the highlights this time LL if you dont mind

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

i say steady on old boy....although not as old as me.

Whitejock likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I did have a quick watch only up to the first goal just to check it was Klitch and not Phillips who slipped and gave the ball away. Confirmed it was Klitch but for some reason the camera zoomed in on Phillips and his facial expression after the goal.

6. Eireleeds1

I owe the lad an apology so

Marcos Barber likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You need a bigger tele.

Www.paddyargos.com

8. Chippy / Glory

Just checked.. You werent replying to a post of mine. :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Eireleeds1

10. Chippy / Glory

Shares in Ryanair tanked?

11. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Kin ell - That 1st goal - when you watch it closely, when your midfielder slips, the entire Cardiff midfield swarm forward and rightly so, but one of your midfielders just jogs back and leaves them to it - you can see him disappear off screen as the goal goes in (number 23) is that Hernandez? Lazy fecker!!

Hernandez was just as blameworthy as the one that slipped there <ok>

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was Hernandez at full pelt

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Just checked - it wasn't Hernandez, Philips is your 23 - is he really that slow all the time?

14. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

No

15. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Just a lazy fecker then <ok>

16. Eric Le Merde

Yes you are

17. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Will not deny that <cheers>

18. Eric Le Merde

Now we've got that sorted, annoyed any Palace fans recently mate ?

19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

The mistake for the goal wasn't the guy who accidently slipped you can blame him for that <doh>
    The mistake was Phillips who should have tackled Hoilett and stopped his run into the box a terrible mistake that cost you the first goal <ok>

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's why the ex professional commentators say "a terrible mistake from Klitch" <ok> Not that it matters, nobody played well, the entire team were to blame for the defeat.