1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Sheffield United

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Doris had this down for a reversal, but how can you predict against city after the display on Saturday...can they carry it on for this match? I once saw SU score six against us at NP back in the day, Tony Woodward ran us ragged that day...he's not playing, so going for a draw!

(Courtesy of BBC Sport)
    Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock may start Lee Tomlin against Sheffield United as the Championship leaders aim for three wins out of three.

The attacker was among the Bluebirds' substitutes in their 3-0 win against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder has no new injury concerns ahead of the trip to South Wales.

The Blades' 20-game unbeaten run was ended with defeat by Middlesbrough, their first loss since January.

Match facts
    • Cardiff have only managed a victory in one of their last five Championship home games against Sheffield United (D2 L2), with the last two meetings ending 1-1.
    • However, the Welsh outfit have only lost one of their last eight league encounters against the Blades (W3 D4).
    • Neil Warnock is set to meet his former club Sheffield United for the eighth time since he left them in 2007; he's lost only one of those seven meetings (W3 D3), a 2-0 defeat as Crystal Palace manager in December 2009.
    • Cardiff have won both of their opening two games to a league season for the first time since 2011-12 - the Bluebirds have never won their first three games of a league season in their entire history.
    • Sheffield United's Billy Sharp has scored just 12 goals in his 61 Championship appearances since the start of 2013-14 - this compared to 51 goals in 90 League One appearances over the last two seasons.

whiffletree and BluefromBridgend like this.
  2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

top man masky>>>>good read <ok>

looking forward 2 tonight apart from the parking the car side of things........shambles isn't the word for the set up by our club

3. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

park up in GOL by fitzalan high school, £5 to park and you get that back on a voucher you can spend behind the bar.

4. aberdude

cheers isaw ive been put off paying there tbh but didn't realise I can get it back on munchies...........do you get a fiver for voucher or a percentage.....anything is a bonus <ok>.......ta again dude

5. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Cant make tonight up in sheffield believe it or not. Keep the atmosphere the same as Saturday it was a priviledge to be there. Cmon City

6. aberdude

I`ll try sayer77 dude>>>>>>>>><laugh>.......one man went 2 mo

7. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

There was a young dude from Aber,
    who said if I see Doris, "I'll grab 'er,
    I'll show her my inch, my inch and a 'alf,
    If she shows me her ticket...I'll 'ave 'er!
    <party><party>

8. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Get in there son......Morro 1 - 0.

9. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

2.0 ML. So I'm told by BT. I'm absent without leave.

10. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

8/10 across the board. Superb.

11. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Would agree. United were a much tougher prospect than Villa were. Wilder had them well drilled and they did the basics unlike Villa. Thought we were lucky in the end to keep a clean sheet. Reassuringly that was all quelled once the Swiss Army Knife was brought on.

The keeper looks alright if prone to a gaff. Sol Bamba for the most unorthodox defending possible? Think Jazz needs to up his game if he wants a place in the team, if Sheffield had better wingers they probably would have been able to exploit his poor defending (Although he did improve in the 2nd half) Liked the look of Lee the Wurzel <ok>

12. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Different game to Villa but the same result in the end. Not so fluid last night but right on the money when it counted. Tomlin looked good and will get better.

No easy games in this division but in all honesty I think we've played 3 poor teams so far - and that includes Villa who I thought were crap. The fact remains you can do no more than beat them, and beat them we did.

Next up Wolves will be a real tester. One thing we know is Warnock's teams won't roll over. I suspect they maybe more frightened than us about losing their 100% record, and that could well be in our favour. Respect for the opposition is not the same as fear of them - I doubt City fear anyone at the moment.

13. aberdude

Ronnie I parked in gol last night and yep its perfect.....I didn't use my ticket I gave it away but what a deal and much closer 2 where ive been parking the last few years, thank you very much for the info yesterday I shall certainly be using it again..

masky fk you brother :emoticon-0165-muscl>>>>>.doris doesn't call my the human butt plug for all <laugh>.....and im not sure I should take it as a compliment anymore mind :emoticon-0121-angry...........tbh I just thought she was one of them hard women 2 please types.:emoticon-0107-sweat

anyways I thought it was a good game last night yep not the best utd team ive seen but still that's not our fault>>>>>>>>3 points bagged and I found a new parking spot>>>>what more can a man ask for hey....I managed my normal ish routine of joints>>>two before three at half time and a little one for the journey home>>>tucked up in bed after a tommy tank by half eleven :emoticon-0139-bow:

14. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Tommy tank? <laugh>

15. aberdude

valley cockney slang for spanking the monkey...or that's what I thought ... I remember listening into a conversation when I was a grasshopper on the stairs in my old house, my mother was saying about someone tommy tanking and gluing all my socks together because when she found them under my bed they where standing proud like little soldiers on jubilee day..........fk knows what she meant but I chucked them under there when I was ****,ing 2 benny hill girlie chases <laugh>........and sam fox kept my wallpaper looking like it was pasted yesterday :emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0176-smoke

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  16. aberdude

anyway derailed by masky>>>>>getting back on track>>>>history made.....3 wins from first three games never done before>>>>>>>>fking shocking that anyways lets hope we push a new challenge for future teams>>>bench mark setting is on with a big test on Saturday coming up for four>>>>>I`d be happy for a draw before hand mind, gonna be a good game with two good attacking teams......

17. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Unbelievable, and let's be honest Aber, unnecessary amount of information regarding your personal habits there pal...but love your honesty! Bit of a stiffy coming on myself....Doris! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party><party>

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  18. aberdude

im happy 2 help masky....lucky doris is there 2 lend a hand or should I say index finger and thumb <laugh>...........don't worry masky ive never been a shy lad since I sent the same story 2 dear deidre and she told me stop being a little ****.er and wash my own socks in future..........don't worry there is a clean ending 2 this story>>>I stopped using socks which I think helped out my mother no end, and I don't think she ever realised why she had 2 crack my curtains open each morning apart from sundays it always put me off thinking there was some spooky god like creature watching me from afar sat on his sofa cloud from dreams, whilst eating toad in the hole

19. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member