1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Manchester City, Fug Me Does This Beat Barnsley Eh?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

84BEFBCF-5171-4E1B-9765-C475AAF0AD45.jpeg

A very fine footballer missing for this one, but Frannie Lee expected to start! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party> Another top side Winky eh? <party>They don’t come any better big Wannk!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Colin Bell was one of the best players I saw growing up watching football.

DaiJones likes this.
  3. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

In 1974, I saw them at Derby County. Frannie Lee scored and they won something like 3 1.

4. FrankfurterBlue

How the memory fil as e grow old. Just checked....the game I was at was Derby v Chelsea.... Derby won 4 to 1!!!!

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Nope, not a Butt Thread, Joke Thread or Famous Names Thread. De Bruyne in a knee brace and on crutches does nothing for me. Can't imagine Barry Tiger getting blistered bits over that either. <yikes>

Barry Tiger likes this.
  6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

What is that about BFB pal? :emoticon-0103-cool:

Barry Tiger likes this.
  7. BluefromBridgend

Take a trip to the Barnsley board in the Division One Forum Masky. All kinds of entertainment there.

No posts from Barnsley fans though.

8. FrankfurterBlue

C'mon Masky, keep up....as Doris always says.

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Still don’t get it TBH, I have fug all against mighty Barnsley...just trying to emphasise the glamour of the opposition in contrast! It could easily have been Rochdale or say Swanseeeee! :emoticon-0103-cool:
    De Brunya is missing, bit of a nemesis to us...they may struggle to field a side!

<party>MC praying for snow apparantly! <party>Come on Bluebirds eh big Wannk!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. BluefromBridgend

Whatever floats your boat Masky.:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

11. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock will assess the fitness of several players who are carrying niggling injuries or have been affected by a virus.

Harry Arter returns after illness but Aron Gunnarsson has suffered a setback in his recovery from a knee injury.

There could be a Manchester City recall for Sergio Aguero, who was named on the bench against Lyon, but Benjamin Mendy is absent with a bruised metatarsal.

Kevin de Bruyne, Eliaquim Mangala, Danilo and Claudio Bravo remain out. Joe Corrigan makes the bench for this game.

Pep Guardiola returns to the dugout this weekend after his midweek UEFA ban as Manchester City look to bounce back from their stuttering start in the Champions League.

European hangovers haven't been a problem recently though, with City winning eight of the last nine games immediately following a Champions League night.

The gulf in class between these two teams clearly tilts the game strongly in the champions' favour, though Cardiff certainly gave a good account of themselves against Arsenal in their most recent home game despite losing 3-2.

However, they may have to wait a little longer for that elusive first win of the season.

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock on Manchester City's Champions League defeat to Lyon:"It's a blip and might give them a kick up the backside.

"I don't think it helps us at all. They made a few changes and looked a lot stronger when they put the regulars on in the second half.

"When I watch them I think 'thank goodness we only play them twice'."

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "[The] Premier League is physical. Not just Cardiff. I realised that when I arrived. Cardiff has a way to play and we have to adapt."

These teams met in the FA Cup last season, when Manchester City won and Leroy Sane got clobbered by a Joe Bennett tackle.

I'd expect something similar this time, with Cardiff clattering into them in the nicest possible way and making things as hard as possible for them.

Prediction: 0-2

Lawro's full predictions v Jessica Ennis-Hill

Head-to-head

• The two sides met in an FA Cup fourth-round tie last season, with Manchester City recording a 2-0 away win.
    • Cardiff won 3-2 in their only previous Premier League home fixture against Manchester City, in August 2013.
    • Manchester City are winless in six top-flight away fixtures against Cardiff since a 3-0 victory in January 1954.
    • The last 10 meetings in all competitions have produced an average of 3.5 goals per match.
    Cardiff City

• Cardiff are winless in nine Premier League games since beating Southampton in April 2014 (D3, L6).
    • They have conceded 15 goals in their last six top-flight home matches.
    • Their most recent home Premier League win was 3-1 against Fulham in March 2014.
    • Cardiff have won one and lost 12 of their last 14 league games against the established top-six sides.
    • Neil Warnock has lost all six league meetings against the reigning top-flight champions, by an aggregate score of 0-13.
    Manchester City

• Manchester City are unbeaten in 11 Premier League matches, winning nine.
    • They have claimed 23 points from a possible 27 in away fixtures since their defeat at Liverpool in January.
    • City have scored in all but one of their most recent 29 away league games.
    • They are unbeaten in 21 league matches against promoted sides since a 1-0 loss at Burnley in March 2015.
    • Pep Guardiola is unbeaten in 33 league matches as a manager against promoted opposition since his Barcelona side were beaten 2-1 at Real Sociedad in April 2011.
    • City have won eight of their past nine league matches following a Champions League tie.
    • Sergio Aguero's next appearance will be his 300th for Manchester City. He is the club's record scorer with 204 goals and averages a goal every 108 minutes.

12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

BFB, ha, just got the joke pal, how thick am I for being normal and not understanding it first time eh? Iremember you complaining to the moderator about BT’s lewd behaviour...and eventually it fell into place. Do us a favour pal, let me know when you are going to tell me a funny in future...’cos at 52 I am getting a bit suspect! Cheers, love you, don’t want to be you! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Masky very old Wink! <party>Still the youngest on this forum though big Wannk!

13. BluefromBridgend

No worries Masky. <ok>

Next time I'll write more slowly as I know you don't read too quickly. <doh>

14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gonna miss this one <wah>

Missus decided she didn't want to go back home yesterday and booked a last minute cottage break down in the New Forest during our week in Bucks without telling me. <grr>

Arrived down in Brockenhurst last night, emptied the car (X5 40Di MSport <laugh>), had some fish and chips from the Rainbow Fish Bar and got sorted this morning. The four dogs (two with four legs, the wife and her sister) have gone for a walk in the forest and I'm left alone to sort out the wifi.

Gonna try to listen to the game this afters and will be there in spirit. C'mon City - you can do this!!.....<whistle>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

Enjoy Sparks. Hope your good lady and sister don't follow your posts on here. You could be up to your neck in the soft and smellies if they do.

How's the weather in the New Forest? You'll be pleased to hear it was hissing down in Porthcawl this morning. Never got so wet running a 5k. The coffee shop could have provided hot towels as well as bacon sarnies today.

Maybe this weather could be a bit of a leveller for us this afternoon and drag us down to their level? :emoticon-0136-giggl

Oldsparkey likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm OK with my posts on here Bluey - the only sites they log into online is somewhere they can buy something....<laugh>

Weather was great in Bucks (Marlow area) last week but it is raining down here in the Forest at the moment which makes the horseshit harder to collect....<laugh> Should be OK after today though, and looks brilliant for next week here. <ok>

I'll be on the Peronis this afters, but enjoy the game today Bluey and the rest of you guys (if you can <doh>) - I hope to be listening in on CCFC player.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  17. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

3-0 Man City <wah>

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Wrong thread!!

Don't give yourself any points if you win.....<laugh>

Blue Sheep likes this.
  19. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Bennet & Bamba benched with Cunningham and Peltier stepping in. Otherwise starting eleven unchanged.

20. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

It looks pretty wet there guys.