1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cardiff City v Fulham, Fug Me...Malcolm McDonald Could Hit Five!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

<party><party><party> My Bollocks would make a good back three pals! :emoticon-0103-cool:

2. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

We could do with a Malcolm Macdonald Masky for sure. If only, then maybe we could start picking up some points.

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Now here's your chance to get 3 points. If you lose this then Warnock should go....

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

We could say the same about Potter if you lose to Villa Dai, it would be 1 win in 6.

5. swanseaandproud

We are not down the bottom though on 2 points....

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Crikey I recall Supermac scoring five for England v Cyprus like it was yesterday.

Mind you I also recall him scoring 3 v City for Luton in 1971 which was as damaging a defeat as the losses v Watford and Sheff U which resulted in them missing out on promotion.

I don’t think they’ll score 5 v City on Saturday but they’ll be relishing the opportunity.

7. DaiJones

Quite right Dai, just a league lower. <doh>

8. swanseaandproud

Come back when you beat our 7 seasons and not being the whipping team last time and the way things are looking this time too......Very embarrassing really....We even out played you behind closed doors by 2 - 0 and we had mostly youngsters playing....<laugh>

9. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Ahhh. Not yet accepted your decline Dai. Good to hear :) The premier league will be a long long way away for you guys for a very long time. If we stay up great. If we go down, we will be right in the mix to come back up. Swans are going the other way. 7 years of history doesn't amount to much...embarrassing really.

10. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Ahem, this is the Bluebirds message board not the Swans. You should have written “I’ll come back when you beat our 7 seasons.”
    So see you in about 8 seasons. :D

11. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

that did the trick dave>>>>daijack pretending 2 be reasonable and one comment sends him into anti Cardiff mode>>>>>><laugh>

what a snivelling little twat he is..................he thinks people forget but he`s done it so many times he has more faces than Merthyr clock.

suprimir and DaiJones like this.
  12. DaiJones

You just lost more games than anyone else.

Any way Dai we may be whipping team at the moment, you've been the whip round team twice and I for one would not bet against it soon either.

FrankfurterBlue and Oldsparkey like this.
  13. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0103-cool: Cardiff's Joe Ralls begins a three-game ban, although the midfielder may be sidelined beyond his suspension because of a chipped bone in his knee.

A knee injury rules out Danny Ward, while fellow striker Gary Madine is doubtful with an illness.

However, Aron Gunnarsson and Alex Smithies are both available.

Tom Cairney remains absent for Fulham because of a lack of match fitness, while Joe Bryan is still sidelined by a hamstring injury. Alan Mullery may make the bench after a lengthy layoff!

Timothy Fosu-Mensah is close to a return from a dislocated shoulder and will be assessed.

@Mark_Scott_: Can you have a six-pointer in October? This certainly feels like one, despite Slavisa Jokanovic begging to differ.

One thing for sure is that Cardiff couldn't ask for more generous opposition as they aim to bag their first win of the campaign. Fulham are the only side yet to keep a clean sheet in the Premier League this season, while the Cottagers also possess the division's worst defensive record.

A clash of two very different playing styles will make for interesting viewing, as should the fact this is a game both teams know they badly need to win.

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "I think we're 4/1 on [to be relegated] and they've thrown us to the wolves.

"I wouldn't, if I was a betting man, put money on [Cardiff staying up]. But I wouldn't have put a penny on us getting promotion last season.

"I would have said 'keep your money in your pocket, don't be stupid'. But some people won quite a lot of money and might do so again this year."

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic on the importance of this match: "The end of the game is not the end of the Premier League.

"If we win, [there is a] long period ahead of us and we will find more tough afternoons... If we lose, it's the same, there are 29 more games.

"All the games are important, it's not close to the end, this season we will finish in the middle of May."

Fulham have got a bit of a soft centre but they also have goals in their team. By being more adventurous they are a little bit more open, but I think they will come out on top in this one.

Prediction: 1-2

Lawro's full predictions v cricket legend Shane Warne

Head-to-head

• Fulham have not kept a clean sheet in their last 21 matches against Cardiff in all competitions, although they are unbeaten in the seven most recent meetings (W3, D4).
    • Cardiff won the only two Premier League encounters between these sides, which came in the 2013-14 season. Both teams were relegated.
    • The Bluebirds' 3-1 win against the Cottagers on 8 March 2014 remains their most recent home victory in the top flight.
    • None of the last 19 Premier League games between two newly-promoted clubs have ended in an away win (12 home wins, seven draws). The last such fixture won by the visitors was Leicester's 1-0 victory at Burnley in April 2015.
    Cardiff City

• The Bluebirds are without a win in 12 Premier League games, losing nine of those matches - including the last five.
    • They last suffered six consecutive league defeats in 1985, while playing in the third tier. It has not happened to them in the top flight since 1922.
    • Cardiff's last Premier League victory came away to Southampton in April 2014.
    • Their pass accuracy of 63.5% this season is the worst in the division. Opponents Fulham have the sixth highest figure (82.6%).
    • Neil Warnock's side have conceded 17 Premier League goals this term, a tally exceeded only by Fulham, who have let in 21.
    Fulham

• Fulham are the only side yet to keep a Premier League clean sheet in the current campaign.
    • They have played 12 top-flight games since their last shut-out, which came in a 1-0 win against Norwich in April 2014.
    • Fulham are also without an away clean sheet in their last 22 Premier League matches.
    • They are one short of 300 wins in the top flight.
    • Fulham's haul of five points from eight games equals their worst start to a top-flight season.
    • The Londoners have faced 56 shots on target this term, the highest total in the division prior to the weekend.
    • Ryan Sessegnon has scored in all four of his previous appearances against Cardiff.

14. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good start, ruined by a 'pearler from Schurrler
    1 - 0 down.

15. whiffletree

Yeeeees...1 - 1...Murphy!!!

16. whiffletree

**** me,. What's happening....Bobby Reid...2 - 1 City.

17. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Good game at HT, all to play for! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>4 goals WTF? <party>Gunnarsson On form!<party>Murphy a star!

18. whiffletree

......and all is well?!!!! We'll see.

19. whiffletree

Sounds a belter of a game. 'Storm' Callum. 3 - 2 Bluebirds.

20. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Good job from the lads. Think we are starting to get up to speed in the midfield which means the forward pressure is paying off. Gunnar made a big difference with his passing and marking.

whiffletree likes this.