1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v Derby County, Big History Club!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Snow permitting in the surrounding area’s, we will welcome Mickey Rooney’s lot to CCS. A club with a big history, well earned under Brian Clough in days gone by, but being rebuilt under a former star player, with a big reputation ....again well earned! City have looked tired recently, particularly Saturday, so could come unstuck. I wouldn’t be surprised with another draw, but hoping for three points to boost us once again. Ivanhoeeeeeeee to score, attempting to follow in the footsteps of prolific ace GM! :emoticon-0103-cool: William555 For Sale, sold as seen!

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Masky. Here we go then for a chat about this one. Mick's touchline decisions (alleged mistakes <laugh>) - will he make them against Derby........

Taking Wilson off too early and leaving us without a threat with the ball on the floor?

Leaving Moore out there gasping for air to "hold the ball up" whilst the rest of our team camps in our penalty area?

Introduce Ralls as a like for like sub for Vaulks when there were other options available to change the shape?

3. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

5551 please.two young chicks for sale going cheep cheep.

4. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

If Ralls is 100 per cent fit he should start.

Id like to see Sang introduced as well at some point to see how he gets on in the right wing back role.

Unfortunately we cant really rest Moore and he needs a break. Its a pity we didnt manage to get Jerome in.

BluefromBridgend and Oldsparkey like this.
  5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Instead of Pack or Vaulks?

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Left the 1 out to annoy you pal, or is it Clingon....gets me confused? One lives in France, one lives in cuckoo land! Interesting thing about cuckoos....devious and flawed as an entity....hmmm! (No offence intended pal!) :emoticon-0103-cool: Clingon for sale....free to the right home, must collect!

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Anyone know what formation Rooney usually plays?
    If they’ve got 3 in midfield then should MM match them up? In that case he starts them both but Bacuna comes into the mix.
    I suspect he might play Williams or Hoilett from the start.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

He doesn't seem to have a settled system. Usually a 4-3-2-1 when playing away with Kazim-Richards up top, but has also started with a 4-4-2 with Gregory going up alongside Kazim.

He's played 3 at the back on times and also a 4-3-3 home and away depending upon the opposition and who he's got available. Kazim always seems to front it up causing problems for defenders, but Waghorn can be a pain as well.

Interestingly enough, I thought they were a "possession" based side, but they seem to do better when they get less of the ball much like us.

If we both back off, it could be a quiet night.........<laugh>

ninian opinion likes this.
  9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

<laugh>

We kick the ball to them.
    No, we dont want it, you have it.
    No, we dont want it, have it back.
    <yikes>

10. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Unless fitness is a concern then Vaulks.

What we dont know is if either or both are more in need of a rest.

I wouldnt be against playing Ralls and Bacuna as I think they are our 2 best centre midfielders. But Pack and Vaulks have done well.

Oldsparkey and ccfcremotesupport like this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Ralls and Bacuna would be a far more dynamic midfield than the Pack/Vaulks combo.

Their natural game is to push on rather than sit back. If Mick has enough trust the 3 CB's arrangement, then he could do worse than go for it.

12. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Just needs a bit of discipline.
    If one bombs on, the other other sits in.

13. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

MM has to make some big decisions tomorrow. He can't start the same 11 again as some were visibly knackered at full time Saturday, followed by a long trip home so really only 2 days of rest with the physio table working overtime.

No new injuries as far as I know but as mentioned earlier the likes of Bacuna, Ralls plus Ojo, Williams, Hoilett and Mark Harris have to come into the frame. Possibly Bagan and Sang as well.

Watters 2 goals today will have boosted his confidence and as he has had so little game time recently he should be on the bench at least.

With good results against sides in the top half of the table in the last 5 weeks, this really is a must win game as is Friday night's at Huddersfield. If we want to stay around the play offs we have to do a Barnsley and beat those sides well below us.

Another test of MM's managerial skills but different to the one he started with.

14. ninian opinion

Marginally <laugh>

15. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Well whatever formation and personnel we go with, I'll quite happily settle for a 6-1 like we managed back in 2009/10 (I think).

Failing that a win with another goal from beyond the halfway line will suffice.

16. BluefromBridgend

I see Tomlin didn't feature for the Under 23's yesterday (contrary to WoL's pre match feature today). While he is certainly carrying a pound or 14 excess flab, might we get a cameo appearance from the bench tonight?

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

You never know Bluey, but not from what Mick said earlier this week. He said that whilst Ralls was a possiblity to get on the pitch (which he did), Tommo was a long way off.

From what I saw of him in that previous under 23 game, he looked anything but fit. Having said that, a place on the 9 man bench would be an option, and 15 minutes at the end of the game tonight a possibilty if we need to change things - but we'd have to be pretty desperate..

18. ninian opinion

It was brilliant the way he robbed Rooney in this fixture last season and then drilled home the winner<applause>

19. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

If he phoned in sick for the U23 match I doubt he’ll feature tonight.

20. BluefromBridgend

Hadn't heard he'd pulled a sickie but you never know.

He certainly looked very much overweight in the previous Under 23 game but as Sparkey says for the last 15 minutes if needed you never know.

irishbluebird likes this.