1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can Swindon stay up in League 1?

Discussion in 'Swindon' started by Singing Blue 3, May 9, 2012.

1. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Obviously my club, Pompey will walk away with the League 1 title and automatic promotion back to the Championship next season.

Do you think your club Swindon can possibly stay up in League 1, or will you go straight back down to League 2 like so many before you?

What are your thoughts? Please discuss.

2. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spreading the 'Goodwill' already Singing? <doh>

3. redjed

redjed Member

Singing Blue, yeah we will be there or there about, but will you. You are still in administration and no buyer as yet on the horizon, most of your current players will be off in the close season so you will be starting afresh. No disrespect but if you think that league 1 is a walkover you are truly deluded, you only have to see clubs bigger than yourselves have had a hard time getting out of it. Just to mention a few , Leeds , Charlton, the 2 Sheffield clubs and Huddersfield to name some. Be thankful to be mid table and not in the Southern Preimier.<whistle>

4. bilko

bilko Member

For all you pompey fans i think yopu are underestimating our squad and with the additions we bring in during the summer it will only make it stronger and with Di Canio at the helm who is very astute as a manager and is no doubt going to be a top manager any club who underestimates us do so at their peril. Dont judge us on what Chesterfield did this season as their history is a L2 team ok they beat us in the JPT final but we didnt turn up that day and we had key players out on key positions but we beat Bristol City-Huddersfield-Colchester-Wigan-Exeter in competitions this season and they were all convincing wins as well.

I'm not sure how pompey will be fixed this season or whether you will still be around which i hope you will be as i dont like to see any club have financial problems unless it was Oxford but surely you will lose alot of players in the summer. As i live in southampton i know the rivalry with you and saints and i have always batted in pompeys corner as i hate saints so i hope you tuen it around but not at the expense of my team. I think we will get a top 6 place next season so be aware of the Di Canio revolution that is taking place.

5. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Swindle will struggle and go straight back down. Crappy little club like Swindle dont stand a chance and the gas will fly past next season <cheers>

6. redjed

redjed Member

What a sad man you are Chris Gas Head, in fact your name says it all, nothing insde your head. Bristol Robbers will be stuck in league 2 for at least another couple of years, but hey ho with nothing but hot air in your head you are entitled to be deluded, as you are a small team in a small league

7. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This thread doesn't represent the views of the typical Pompey fan. As you will soon discover, our friend SB3 is a bit of a law unto himself at times [ok, all the time <whistle>] so keep a pinch of salt at hand when reading his comments and just remember that 99% of his are very much tongue in cheek!

8. GosportChristieInTheFrattonShed

can swindon stay up? of course they can, tbh I think a play off place is a real possibility for you guys, and a higher finish than pompey is almost a given (i think we'll struggle contrary to SB3). I hope i can make it to the pompey-swindon match at fratton as di canio always provides some class entertainment along with his very good team (matt ritchie springs to mind)

9. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

**** Swindon signing a murderer on trial says it all for nazi di canio and co <grr>

10. SaintsFanAlex

SaintsFanAlex Active Member

Loving these small time League One dicussions! So many comments to read through.

11. Chris-Gashead

at least we are real fans Alex, you pompus arse <ok>

12. Chris-Gashead

Thanks for your input 6 toes.

13. redjed

redjed Member

Bloody hell Chris you must be physic, just had 4 toes amputated.<doh>

14. bilko

bilko Member

Rovers fans giving it large when they are stuck in L2 with small crowds and a rugby ground for a pitch with a marquee at one end of it. You really are having a laugh Rovers fans as be prepared for us to take L1 by storm. we have nothing to fear in that league and everyone cna understimate us at their peril.

I will have the last laugh Rovers fans as we have been promoted and you are still stuck down in L2 and as for pompey giving it large you have to make sure you have a club yet as you could be in the hampshire league if your not careful.

15. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Preston 4 - 1 Swindle, time for the downfall :tongue:

17. Chris-Gashead

har har! <laugh> oh me sides <laugh> massive Swindle get ****ing annihilated when they should be winning the league with 6 months to go according to Bilko 6 toes

18. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Have you seen Di Canio