1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Calm Down, Calm Down!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Doyler, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Doyler

Doyler Member

There's a **** load of rumours flying around.

Adam, Dann, Downing, Mata etc.

We need to sign them now, we need to do this, do that... bla bla bla.

Now, how many players have commented over the past few months that they are very excited about the players that will be signed in the summer. Pepe even decided to stay at the club because of promises.

The word "Promises" worried me as H&G loved to use this word and ended up delivering nothing. With our new owners and the king, thats not the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed some class players that havent even been on the media/rumour radar.

All im saying is, don't panic. LFC will deliver. We've still got plenty of time, we are only half way through June... all good things comes to those who wait :emoticon-0109-kiss:

2. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Thanks for the kiss, nice to see a bit of bromance flying around! :emoticon-0172-mooni

okay I should calm down :emoticon-0104-surpr

3. wakkalfc

wakkalfc Guest

pity we didnt make top4, then we could of been somewhat attractive to sanchez iliked him at the last world cup and was suprised noone actually bidded for him last year, now all of a sudden is valuation has rocketed.

players like dann, downing and henderson are ok i guess but watching other teams battle for sanchez/fabregas/young/hazard etc makes m a little jealous i hope their is a marquee signing this summer a player who doesnt mind no europe at all this season, i still dont think we have a chance of getting mata

4. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

We've been hurt before. once bitten twice shy. Trust is earned and while I will trust whoever Kenny brings in I don't 100% (even though their reputation should state otherwise) our owners and I highly doubt many Liverpool fans do yet

5. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

Whoops still getting used to this!

I believe we are in good hands (new owners) but will reserve judgement until the end of this window

I must say, i'm extremely excited for once in a transfer window, the last one was in G & H's first transfer window which wasnt a sign of things to come and ultimately a big let down

I really dont think John Henry and co are anything like those cowboys though

6. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I am actually relaxed about this summer as ''what will be will be''.
    I've the same atitude as Brian Reade.He said on Monday's LFCtv that,He's not bothered as the atitude from the previous summers has gone.He said in the previous summers there was an atitude of ''If we sign him,then we'll have to sell him to have enough money to buy him''.There was also talk of ''£25 million transfer kittys''.
    Not once this summer have I heard a mention of a ''transfer kitty''.
    I know the owners have said there is substantial money in the pot,but nobody except Kenny and DC know exactly how much.Thats why I feel its best to let them get on with it,not worry about how much is spent,until its spent,and it will be spent.If they sell a few players to sign a few players,thats even better.

7. saintKlopp

Rumours give us all something to talk about but if the dealings are done quietly i'd prefer it that way.
    Someone we weren't expecting could turn up out of the blue. I'm happy to wait and see what the management decides is best.
    I understand Bozz's concerns about the owners, but they do seem to have much more business nous than the Dynamic Duo, and more ambition for the club. Let's hope it's true.

8. redconn

redconn Active Member

I will not calm down.

I'm far too happy and excited to even consider mellowness.

9. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

<applause>

Well said. Despite the majority of the rumours being utter ****e, I still read just about all of them and look forward to them playing for us even though they never sign for us!

10. Doyler

Doyler Member

nice avatar :)

11. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

<laugh>

I think it's slightly different. ;)

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Try my family coat of arms as your avatar.

please log in to view this image

<whistle>

13. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

14. Diadora Barnes storm

I couldnt care less were not in for the likes of Sanchez, Aguero etc...i think most reds fans understand how close to the abyss we were last season with the previous regime. To have the chance of building a squad again and have the opportunity of fighting for the top 4 along with getting the debt monkey off our backs I truely find unbelivable, if someone would have said to me we would be in this position when we were at our lowest i would have laughed in their faces.

Sure we wont have the top players at Anfield this season (did anyone ever expect us to with not even europa league football to offer ?!), but if we can improve the squad, getting rid of the undesirables (we all know the names) and replace with better than average players that are generally available, of our 2 most reported signings Adam played 35 out of 38 games league games and Downing played all 38 matches ! imagine having an additional 2 geniune contenders for a staring 11 available as options all season !, im not expecting a Title challange anytime soon, but i'd certainley back us for a Top 4 spot.........now where have i heard that before ?!

15. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

I totally agree with the previous post
    We do need genuine contenders for the starting 11
    I don't think we need big names we need players that are really good but of the radar
    As far as i'm aware Suarez before the world cup was unknown and look at the quality that he is
    Suarez will give you the 40 odd games if you let him

Anyway i'm sure Kenny&co are working their socks off and

IKWT

16. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I wouldn't go that far. His best scoring form for Ajax came before the World Cup. In fact the season before was his best. He was certainly on many clubs radars prior to it.

But yes, I agree with your sentiment about not relying on bringing in big names.

17. Doyler

Doyler Member

18. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

Cheers for that
    Well if he was on the radar of several other teams it pleases me even more that we got him

The lad is quality

19. moreinjuredthanowen

suarez has taken over the mantle of torres as super star already with just a few moves. i thought we'd struggle to replace the merchandising gold mine....

i wonder if he goes down well with girls in SE asia where torres was god.

20. saintKlopp

Bound to - he's much better looking.