1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cabaye

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Minty Fresh, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh Active Member

I know we all think Cabaye's gonna be a class signing but I think we'll need to be patient with him. Against Arsenal he seemed a bit off the pace and was knackered when he was subbed. He also seemed to struggle with the physical side of things. Because of this, I think we wont see the best of Cabaye until the second half of the season, or maybe even next season. There is no doubting his quality he'll just take some time to adapt to the rigours of the PL, like Collo, Enrique and many others. Fortunately he has a very assured and physical presence next to him in centre-mid in Tiote, and I can see them forging a great partnership together over the next few years (assuming they aren't sold (even though thats a MASSIVE assumption under Ashley)).

2. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

Don't think it'll take that long to adapt. People always say 'they'll take time to settle', 'physical league' etc etc but numerous players take to it very quickly. Look at Hernandez, most wouldn't have given him a snowballs chance in hell of settling into the PL as quickly as he did. Arsenal was the first match of the season where lots of players look off the pace. I think after a few more games, Cabaye and others will be up to full speed. He's experienced enough to know what he's in for and what is required of him. And he has the class to adapt.

3. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Guest

Stats suggest Cabaye didn't do as badly as you may think.

4. Cabaye wasn't the only one that was off the pace. Most of the team looked out of shape and a bit off IMO.

Cabaye wasn't great, but he wasn't poor. I saw moments of brilliance from him.

5. Cal.

Cal. Active Member

Cabaye made the most tackles of anyone on the pitch, and was impressive when used in a more attacking role in the second half too. I think he looks set to bed in relatively quickly.

6. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

I agree. Whole team was a little rusty.

7. Rob Lee from the half-way line

You gotta remember because of our ****ty preseason he actually barely played with the rest of the first team. The midfield isn't going to gel properly for at 8-10 games in my opinion.

Then we'll go on our long awaited title charge followed by winning the champions league next year!

Well now that's sorted i'm off for some more crack

8. Finnbad The Sailor

I don't know if it was just me or what but noticed there was a few times where the players just didn't pass to him when he was in space or at all. I'm still looking forward to him Saturday though.

9. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

No surprise they are rusty thanks to the shocking pre season training plan from ashley and co are who decided it

10. beardface

beardface Active Member

Chappaz agreed with Tash.....

<yikes>!

11. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

They didn't seem more or less rusty than usual given its the season start to be honest.

12. The Monochrome Sett

Agreed - he seemed to get a little sharper as the game went on, so I'm hopeful.

13. AH

AH Active Member

****.me.

please log in to view this image

my GOD look what it's caused <yikes>

14. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

On this day in the year of Our Lord 2011, let it be known to all men that Chappaz agreed with Tash!

15. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

don't mention that. He'll go mad again because someone didnt blame everything on Ashley

16. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Good point <laugh>. I racked my brain earlier for a possible way to make a Not606 Portrait of this guy, have literally no idea how to convey it though. In several beers time no doubt I'll have a go.

17. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

Cabaye looked tired? after playing in a midfield pair against a measly 3 arsenal midfielders? never

18. Samuel L Ameobi

Samuel L Ameobi Active Member

I personally thought his passing was at times sublime and a more potent strikeforce would have made more out of them.

19. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He was well off the pace first half but he was dropped into his first PL game against Arsenal of all teams. We know they keep the ball for fun and he was chasing shadows a little first half but what impressed me was how he picked up the pace of the game and got stronger as it wore on. I would have actually removed Tiote as I thought he looked short of fitness. We are going to have to be patient regardless as he will have to learn as he goes like any player but I'm confident it may take only half a season as opposed to the usual year and a half to find his feet/consistency. Mainly because he has an engine and appetite for the game.

20. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

He could well be absolutely vital tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.