1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Business plans / Investment people

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Chunksafc, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Random question, but maybe someone can offer some advice.

The current company I work for are rapidly turning into an absolute **** show and frustration is becoming a daily thing. I have potentially £7 million of pipeline orders in the South west and Wales (was my original area before moving home). There is also around £5 million of work in and around the North East that my colleague could bring to the table.

How do we go about producing a business plan to approach investment angels to see if our plan really could work? I have produced some rough figures on a basic spreadsheet that show it is viable, but don't have the pockets needed to get it going.

Any advice would be welcome

2. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

The only thing that I can think of is to ask the Dragons (really) :emoticon-0148-yes:

Chunksafc likes this.
  3. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Unfortunately it's not a unique business so can't see them being fussed. Just standard industrial and commercial roofing and cladding

4. The Berk

The Berk Well-Known Member

Go to your bank and ask their advice. Remember they’ll be quite strict but they also want your money, or citizens advice(if they do this type of thing). It’s a starting point and gets you on the roll to keep going.
    Good luck marra.

Chunksafc likes this.
  5. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

There are business start up advisers out there in each local authority. Try the economic development team in the council for starters

Chunksafc likes this.
  6. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

7. King Kareoke

King Kareoke Well-Known Member

Talk to a good accountant. More likely to have a good connection with funders and should have a knowledge of business plans. There are funds available in the north east through the likes of NEL etc . Angels are often harder to get on board as they often talk a good game.

Happy to chat

C Montgomery Burns and Chunksafc like this.
  8. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Leave the company, start up by yourself, reap the rewards and buy out SD's remaining shares.

(My fee for this sound financial advice is a solitary corporate box where the less fortunate can be entertained)

9. spirit of 73

spirit of 73 Well-Known Member

Chamber of commerce give advice and support to new businesses if they still exist.

10. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

@Chunksafc

This is a link to the GOV.UK website with advice for writing a business plan, if you click through the link to the business plan template, it takes you to the Prices Trust website. I suspect you are a bit old to benefit from it financially but there is no harm in pinching their business plan template.
    There is also a link to the Start up Loans website which gives you another couple of templates to download and use.

https://www.gov.uk/write-business-plan#:~:text=A business plan is a,spot potential problems

The Berk and Chunksafc like this.

11. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Well-Known Member

Are you in Sunderland? if so then approach the sunderland BIC as they can help produce business plans etc - they helped me massively to get my business plan in place and get going - even just for advice.

12. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Thanks everyone, got some reading and writing up to do for this to get the ball rolling.

Montysoptician likes this.
  13. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

1). Add sugar to the product
    2) Get Phillip Scofield to do the ads.
    3) Say the government advise the public against it .
    4) Double the price as people will still go for the bargain of your 25% discount.
    Give me a shout when you need your offshore account

14. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

Get someone to review your current employment contract- if you’re in a sales role there may well be restrictions which try and stop you taking accounts with you. Often not enforceable but worth getting them reviewed

Also - don’t email yourself anything or print stuff out - when you resign they’ll check…difficult to check for a pen and paper list, especially if you work from home…

15. King Kareoke

King Kareoke Well-Known Member

Always remember you are creating a business - don't see it as a salary/job as you may as well let someone else take the hassle if this is the case

Important consideration

Name of company (if incorporating) - looking at your figures this may be worthwhile
    VAT
    HMRC
    Software (for digital reporting)

As I said happy to have a chat (for my sins I am a practising Chartered Accountant!!)

C Montgomery Burns and Chunksafc like this.
  16. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Thanks again for all the advice. Looks like I may have found a company that are keen to expand and my reputation has proceeded me, so having a chat with the owner next week when he is back from Jersey, he already owns a successful business in Wales but is interested in what I can bring both there and to develop a stand alone outfit in the north east.

17. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Find another company and offer your contacts etc to them.

Chunksafc likes this.