1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Business as usual

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Well there was a lot about yesterday that was very familiar.
    We didn't really get going until poor defending left us 2-0 down (why are we not positive until we go behind?).
    Ref denied us a penalty (how many times has that happened over the last two and a bit seasons?).
    Wide players not really in the game first half, so no service to the strikers.
    Much better second half, but ultimately not enough.
    I only noticed two new things. I think the media reaction to having a perfectly good equaliser ruled out was interesting. I haven't heard any really sympathetic comments about that; is that because we are still not really accepted as a Premier League club, or are we really that unpopular?.
    McCarthy subbing Henry was a real turn up for me. I didn't like the crowd's reaction, because Henry doesn't deserve that, but hopefully it does mean that Mick is thinking the unthinkable.
    There is some good news. I think I'm the problem; I wasn't at the Fulham game, but have been to the Tottenham, QPR and Newcastle games. I can't make it against Swansea or Wigan, so perhaps we are in for two good performances. We certainly need them.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep another game where we seem to be competitive, lose a goal and then implode for 20 mins, by which time we are another goal down.

Replace the players who are not creative with creative ones and suddenly we look a different team.

O'Hara and Henry have both not player well this season, O'Hara shows snippets but is giving the ball away far too much, and Henry is just doing what he does.

Guedioura in current form is playing at a different level than Henry and i think that's why the fans booed him off. I think it was aimed at MM more asking why he did not start. Hamill looks sharp as well and doesn't seem to start against players his style would suit. Hunt, Henry are pure grafters who against the right opponents work well, but we seem to start every game with them which massively reduces our creativity.

Match of the day had shearer on the panel, so they were more interested in how well Newcastle were doing league position wise than about dodgy referee decisions.