1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Burton Albion

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Oct 10, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Ah, the international break is nearly over and we can look forward to getting back to 'proper' football. I'm not sure how much I like the Friday night kick-off, but at least that means it's rolling around that much sooner.
    It would seem as though many are considering Burton at home as a good as guaranteed 3 points, but I think that's dangerous thinking. Yes, we ought to be winning, but having the international break to rest and regroup is more beneficial to them than it is to us.

Burton's goal difference is appalling, but they seem to have (correctly) identified that their best hope for survival is to be bold in looking for goals, rather than be overly focused on shutting up shop. Losing 4-0 one week but winning 1-0 the next is better than a couple of 0-0 draws.

Again, I think we will win, but I worry how critical people might be if we're still goalless at half time. If we can get a goal or two early, it could turn into another thumping for them, but I suspect that being well rested, they’ll be able to battle and we’ll have to grind out a result – 2-0 maybe.

Hopefully we can celebrate another win whilst we spend another 8 days waiting/preparing for Leeds, who have an additional game with Reading on the Tuesday and, like us, are still in the League Cup the Tuesday after, so are maybe more in need of rotation. It’d be good to prove that our good start wasn’t a one off and this break hasn’t taken the wind out of our sails. COYR

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I believe if we continue playing the way we have to date we will be too strong for Burton , don't expect them to make it easy though , they will not & if we don't have the right attitude we will struggle, I don't think we will though so 2-0 for me.
    COYR

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

4-0 city we are on a roll:1980_boogie_down:

4. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Fair play RR, I can't help but love your enthusiasm nowadays. Just need you to admit that Bryan & Reid are coming good & we can baptize you as converted!

5. Red Robin

Hi Nick as said in previous messages Bryan and Reid have both underachieved in recent seasons,however full credit too the both of them this season,they are different gravy,long may it continue:1980_boogie_down:<applause><applause>:1980_boogie_down:

6. manxrobin

manxrobin Well-Known Member

Hey could be SECOND by 10.0 Friday evening.

It was after the international break last season when we suddenly went downhill on the back of 4-0 win v Fulham.
    Trust it’s not a case of history repeating.

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush!

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

So, if we DO beat Burton, will the talk of last season's mid-season slump be banished forever then?

9. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Probably need to get as far as January before we go as far as that - the best I can say is it feels as though the side have performed better & success is potentially more sustainable.

10. Red Robin

Leeds and Cardiff shortly beat them and I think we can start dreaming guys:1980_boogie_down: