1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Burnley's transfer policy

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by jbclaret83, Aug 24, 2014.

1. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

I don't know what the Two Chairman and Lee Hoos are playing at but if The Clarets are to have serious ambitions of staying up this year, They need to back Sean Dyche with a lot more funds in the transfer window before it closes a week on Monday. Our first team squad looks wafer thin at the moment and we need a good 5 or 6 new faces to give ourselves a chance if not and god forbid we did get injuries etc The Two Chairmen and the clueless Lee Hoos WILL have signed our DEATH WARRANT back to the Championship!

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

personally I think you should bank most of the money and build a good team for the championship, there's no point spunking a wadf on players who will leave at the end of the season when you go down (if you do, which is highly probable). You are a small provincial club (no offence meant) punching above your weight, it would be folly to try and buy survival only to find you've failed and overspent and then have to spend the next 5 years trying to pay it back, best is to yo-yo a bit, take the TV money and smile and prepare for the future. I don't think premiership survival is the way to go.

3. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Oh Suprise, Suprise its a West Ham fan, gloting after a undeserved win at the Turf, we OUTPLAYED you for most of the game, You only won by Dull Kick and rush football thats not West Hams style! Burnley should have won and won well today!

4. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

You have to spend big in jan and hope you are still in touch with 17th.

5. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

I agree, we have a good first choice 1 to 11 but our depth is not good enough, I was livid when Sordell came because in my opinion he is not good enough for League 2 let alone Premier League! Jutkiewicz, he works hard enough but simply isn't scoring goals. Steven Reid, a poor shadow of the player he was. Matt Taylor, Not bad but injury prone. I think our 2 best signings came on deadline day Boyd from Hull who played well yesterday, and the young lad from Chelsea. i think Ings needs also Sam Vokes back from injury and quicky because he looks very lost without him. and i also think our cental defence needs shaking up too!

6. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Maybe you cannot pay the wages or attract the players that you want. Some teams like QPR and even Norwich or Fulham probably offer higher amounts than yourselves and therefore it is tough. You are stuck with offering artificially high wages or searching for talent around the world and perhaps the scouting network or infrastructure is not there yet. Perhaps some loans may help bolster you. Good luck.

jbclaret83 and Number 1 Jasper like this.