1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burnley 2 v 0 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-11-12_8-30-28.png Burnley FC v Swansea City upload_2017-11-12_8-30-28.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date: 18 November 2017
    Kick off: 3pm
    Venue: Turf Moor

Next match up for the Swans is a trip to Turf Moor to face Sean Dyche's high-flying Burnley and a meeting with former Swan - and now England International - Jack Cork.

With Paul Clement's beleaguered Swans sitting in 19th place in the table, it is essential that they start picking up points and need to return from Turf Moor with at least a point.

Burnley on the other hand will be targeting and expecting all 3pts to consolidate their position near the top of the table, possibly moving up into the Top 6 with victory.

The Swans have played Burnley on 46 occasions, winning 16, losing 17, with the remaining 13 matches drawn. Interestingly, the Swans have a 100% record against Burnley in the Premier League having won all 4 fixtures, including last season's corresponding fixture at a Turf Moor.

Turning to next Saturday's fixture, I fully expect Clement to play 3 CBs, and hope that the team will score on the break. My head says that Burnley will win 2-0 but my heart says that the Swans will continue their 100% record against Burnley and sneak a 1-0 win. <cheers>

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

That Brighton and Burnley sit in 7th & 8th in the league shows how poor the EPL is this season. Both are no more than reasonably well organised teams who have good defensive records but are a bit goal shy. (Much like Monk in his full season),

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

1-1 and not pretty to watch

4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

1 nil to Burnley

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

2-0 Burnley .....A Jack Cork double....:emoticon-0184-tmi:<whistle>

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Bony & Sanches are available

7. swanseaandproud

Well that will give us a boost...NOT....<laugh>

8. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Cork will score, we know that, so we'll need to score more than one to win.
    Chris Wood only played 20 minutes in the World Cup play-off on Saturday and has now travelled to Peru for the second leg, hopefully he's completely knackered by Saturday as I can't see Freddie being able to cope with him. Saying that, can see Vokes causing us a lot of problems too.
    Staying hopeful though, 1-1, with Tammy on the score-sheet for us.

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Fab
    Naughton , Fernandez , VDH , Clucas
    Dyer , Britton , Fer , Ki , Routs
    Bony ...
    If Bony is unavailable , and only then , Abraham

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

12. seabreeze

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Yet he dispensed with more senior experienced coach in Curtis ,imo this is the start of pushing Clement into a corner hoping he'll resign rather than payout compensation ,Yet again. More so what happens to Leon if/when Clement gets the Spanish archer ,this is just a cynical move by twat jerkins to not only pick the players now he's selecting the mangers' coaches for him , (Monk on Laudrup remember how that finished and a period we've never recovered from ) why do you think that Clement dispensed with Curtis ,rightly or wrongly he wanted some control now that's taken from him by that c**t of a chairman

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    neveroffsidereff likes this.
  14. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Been saying it for a while - Leon will be our next manager and this the way to ease him in.
    I can't imaging Leon's style will match Clement's.
    I want Leon to stay at the club (along with Routs and Rangel) but I fear Leon will also become our next ex-manager if he is promoted too soon.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

That's what's making the timing of his appointment so inappropriate (for Leon that is) , Clement was forced to utilise Leon last season due to injuries and imo doesn't feel he suits his way of playing ,so again imo this has been forced on Clement as a method of backing him into a corner and if he walks then or is sacked ( a rumour I know ) Leon and Toshack will step up the we're left with a coaching staff coming up against the likes of who ever in the PL with no experience of managing at this level . Jenkins is a c^^t

Taffvalerowdy and Bob the slob like this.
  16. swanseaandproud

As much as i hope Leon will go into management he is not the person i would pick to fill the boots as No2.....He won't be as good as Curtis imo.
    Now if it were that we got rid of Clement and put Curtis and Leon together to mastermind our recovery then i would be all in favour of that.......But lads the fact is we must get shot of Clement and pearlman first....

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Pearlman is only going to go when the yanks sell up and that'll only be when they've screwed the Club for as much as they can I'm afraid

18. swanseaandproud

I agree with that Matt But we should still put the pressure on to get rid of all American influences all the same....We are in a catch 22 situation with the yanks unfortunately that if we manage to stay in the premiership then the Yanks won't want to sell to anyone and will keep pearlman in office to oversee their interest as they cream off more money.......But if we go down then there is a good chance they won't think it's worth it anymore as the rewards won't be there and we won't have the players that has made a fortune for them in the past.....For me to ever trust the Yanks they would need to invest £60m to £80m on quality players as they have not invested a penny of their own money but have taken millions......It is hard to back them and hope we stay up at the moment....

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

What a predicament to be in and I take no pleasure in saying I told you so , I don't mind who owns us to be honest as long as they have the interests of the Club foremost but as we've seem so far both the new and old (especially the old ) owners have screwed us over ,I just about understand our lot with yanks because they admitted their primary aim as venture capitalists is to make money but the other lot I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Trust is something which has to be earned and this lot not in what's left of my life time will that be given .

swanseaandproud likes this.
  20. seabreeze

I think Clement's first and biggest mistake was , arrogantly , ditching Curtis from the start .