1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

bullshit.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by johnnyquango, Jan 6, 2014.

1. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

here are a few lines from a statement that moyes as made concearning new buys in january?

He said a lack of new faces would "not be because we don't want to do it".
    "We would like to bring people in but are those players available?" he added.
    "There is an urgency but there's no point in me hyping it up because the players we would like to bring in are probably not available in January."

now dont get me wrong ,but.what the **** is that gobshite edward woodward doing.surely he must have thought after the summer **** up in the transfer window."i know ill start looking early,get some offers in".but no.this leaves me with what could be 2 reasons not to buy.1:david moyes and his co ed woodnot are incapable of organising a piss up in a brewery?
    2:were skint?

its alright him saying that "they might not be available".how does he know as he made offers.no one as said united as made an offer to buy 1 of our players.
    im pissed off now so end of rant.:steam:

2. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

I'm hoping it's just a smokescreen.

We are desperate for a few players and if United admit to that then every player we go for there price will be increased significantly.

Although saying that I honestly don't think we will sign anyone in January.

3. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

We all know UTD will not do any signings in Jan

4. johnnyquango

johnnyquango Member

i do too,but surely we would have our targets and contact between clubs would have been made.wouldnt a club say united are in for......,just to up the price.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Given the start Moyes has made & the fact that his first (& only) massive purchase has been a total flop so far. If you were holding the purse strings, would you be rushing to back him in the market with 10's of £m's? Especially given that his tenure might not be seen as 'long term' in the board room at present......

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The cat is out of the bag: United are desperate. That is why the best time to buy for a club is when it is successful not desperate. United should have bought heavily last summer. This is what happens when we have a total clear out. New manager, new coaching staff, new CEO. All ****ing grappling in the dark. If United do not do any significant signing this January, then the whole season will be a write off. You could see the lack of belief among the players yesterday.

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

For once, a sensible, well-constructed post <yikes>

8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

**** off bloody scouser. intruding upon our ****ing grief...<ok>

9. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Its basically this simple.

The board give him funds and any thoughts of his getting sacked go out the window...

Or

He gets no money this month and hes a loss or two away from the sack if things continue.

If the glazers believe he is the right man then they will back him. If they dont then its a matter of time before hes sent packing.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Surely it is just the case that it is difficult to make major signings in Jan? Especially when United are a club that try and operate on relatively sensible budgets. Sneijder for instance never happened because his wages were mental, especially considering the tax we pay in this country.

If you really wanted Baines you could get him. Pay something stupid like 25 million and they'd sell, but United simply won't go that high so Everton might as well hang on till at least the summer when they have time to get re-enforcements.

United's major **** up was not doing their business in the summer. You can not go into a season (especially a top club) thinking it's alright we can sort it all out in the jan window. Same with us and a striker. We pursued Rooney, it didn't work out and now we'll probably have to wait until the summer to address it again as the alternative (Eto'o) just hasn't been good enough. I'm sure we'd love to get a top class forward in this window but again...whose going to sell at this stage of the season plus most are cup tied for C.L.

11. UnitedinRed

It will be much easier now than in the summer when the Parkers and Dunns of the world suddenly cost 20million+.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

There is no reason at all that the likes of Lallana, Shaw and even Baines can not be pursued in January. Or Sneijder for that matter.

It's not like the first three are Champions league cup tied, nor is that their current clubs are genuine (sorry Everton fans) rivals who have an issue selling to us, nor are they cash rich enough to turn down reasonable offers.

Ok, Sneijder is CL cup tied but we aren't going to win it and neither are Galatasaray so there's nothing stopping him having a final pop at the premier league.

All of of those players would improve the squad significantly. Then we can go for some more in summer, even though it's world cup so that makes things harder and if we haven't got fourth it will put other players off.

If we don't buy it's because we have cash flow issues. Which is obvious really, unless you all haven't been paying much attention since the American parasites bought the club.

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Apart from Saha, Vidic and Evra of course.

All three signings made when we desperately needed them.

Like now.

14. UnitedinRed

I agree with the top half of your post. Not the players but your point.

I would say cash flow is the issue though. A lack of faith. Hes not shown anything to make them trust him.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I would be surprised if they're hedging their bets till summer having let him down so badly last summer but it could be the case. If top four is so important though then we need two or three players this winter to strengthen the squad. If they think he's not good enough and have given up then we probably won't get top four which makes the finding of new players even more difficult.

So, what do you do?

I think after giving him a six year contract, ****ing him over massively in the summer transfer window and then throwing him to the lions they owe him a couple of decent transfer windows. I would be disgusted with the running if the club of that didn't happen, even more than I already am and that's saying something.

16. UnitedinRed

I would spend big on the right players now. Make offers that cannot be refused.

Cup tied or not. Something drastic needs to be done.

If we wait others will beat us to them.

17. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I totally agree with the players mentioned.

All would improve us significantly.

I'd like even a silly bid for modric.

18. UnitedinRed

Vidal from juventus is my choice. Followed by the Dortmund lad the next day.

Modric would be good though.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's whether the players will come though, mid season.

Marcus Reus for instance, is he going to leave Dortmund? Doubt it, but he may well in summer. We may even be able to take Kagawa back as part of that deal.
    Khedira is injured, that's another we could go back for.

I'd steer clear of Mata for one, all that will happen is Chelsea would want Rooney so best we don't get involved there!

We could go for Herrera again, although I've got to say I really don't know how good he actually is. De Rossi isn't CL tied, maybe have a pop at tempting him?

20. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

I don't know anything about that Vidal. Other than he is another diver.

In a dream world I'd want yaya toure.