1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bullard might not leave in the summer......

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CumbrianTiger, Apr 5, 2011.

1. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Everyone including myself keeps saying Bullard will be gone in the summer.... done dusted!

Im not so sure!! We all said this last summer and he ended up staying by refusing to go elsewhere and not agreeing terms. What makes us think it will be any different this summer?

He got his wish of playing elsewhere in Jan on the same ridiculously high wages. So why would he jump ship quickly this summer when he can see out his contract more than likely getting loaned out on 45k a year without taking a pay cut to go elsewhere.

If he didn’t agree terms with Celtic in the champions league last summer what makes you think he will agree terms with Ipswich or the likes this time round?

I think he still might be here next season? We cant force him to sign elsewhere as we found out last summer.

Lets be honest none of us would half our wages if we didnt have to would we?

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think he'll be off, hopefully his mate Jewell will take him on.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He didn't want to go Celtic, he does want to go to Ipswich, that's a fairly major difference.

As is the fact that he knows that he's not figuring in our plans at all now.

I think we're probably still a long way off a deal, as despite the noises about taking a wage reduction, he's not about to tear up his contract and he will want a healthy pay-off before he moves on to a contract with reduced terms.

4. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

The frizzy haired ,greedy cocky twat.

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

<laugh>

PS. You forgot alcoholic. ;)

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I don't know whether a move to Ipswich would say more about the SPL or Bullard - after all, he either believes that the English 2nd tier offers more of a challenge than the biggest club in Scotland, who win trophies yearly and challenge for Europe OR he's going to be earning more at Portaloo Road than Celtic Park.

7. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

He didn't go to Celtic because the loan move wasn't made financially attractive enough for him.
    He said on TV that he wasn't driven by financial motives before turning down that loan move.
    He's now making the same hollow statements again. It will cost City a lot of money to off-load him.

8. prideofyorkshire

If Ipswich get 15m for Connor Wickham then from their point of view, if he's being genuine when he says it's not all about the money yadda yadda, if they can get him for 20k a week i can't see why they wouldn't want him given what he's added to their squad. Having said that you just know he'll end up being awkward when it comes down to agreeing terms. He seems pretty genuine when he says that he's enjoying his footy there IMO, not so sure about the money side of things like, but he seems like a happy chappy at the moment. Let's hope he picks football over the money.

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

<applause>

Agreed <ok>

10. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

We can only hope he comes back and the Pearsons see sense.

Unfortunately I don't think we will and he'll go to a club that knows how to treat its players, the biggest shame in all this is that his departure marks the end of the "Dare to dream" era of Hull City, can you ever see us making a signing like this again? Even if by some miracle we got back to the Premiership I just can't see us ever making a signing like this again, not neccessarily financially, just as in the stature of player.

11. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

if he keeps on banging in the goals, i can see him ending up at qpr in the premiership...there loaded, and he gets to piss off back to cockney land in the premiership..
    you wait and see ;)

12. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Jeez Twfy! Don't you ever shut the **** up?:emoticon-0183-swear

13. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Elrooj, my thoughts exactly sir. Carrying on like this anyone might think TWF may have a thing for Jimmy B :emoticon-0115-inlov I'm guessing TWF must have a rather brown nose if you get my drift :emoticon-0110-tongu

14. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I'd say Jay Jay Okocha was a much more influential signing for the club but I guess that was before TWF turned up with his plastic glory seeking mates

15. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Just stating my opinion, no real need for this childishness from you. Just can't see us going for high-profile signings again, I imagine if we go back up we'll be more like a Burnley or Blackpool when it comes to signings.

Truth be known I just like his hair
    Yeah he was a miles bigger signing in terms of profile, but then again I never claimed he wasn't, I just said I can't see us making high profile signings any more. For better or worse the club and half the fans seem to have been put off by the shenanigans of Duffen and Bartlett.

16. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Tbh if he was not after the money why not go to Celtic, on the same wages, go play in the Champions League, win the SPL, you get to play infront of 50k every week at Celtic, even if you do have to go to some dumps, you need to go to Scunthorpe in this division. There is no chance he will stay, i agree with dj above i can see him going to QPR but would Neil Warnock and him really get on?

17. x

x Well-Known Member

could i just say right here and now to all football league teams and any other potential employers out there that if any of you want to mistreat me so badly as to pay me £171000 an hour for 30 hours work over the next 28 months or indeed any 28 months i am very interested and eager to be treated so badly. please pm me with details. thank you very very very much.

18. jeffratcliffe's_hat

jeffratcliffe's_hat Active Member

19 Starts in 2 years for city 11 Starts for ipswich in 3 months says more about Bullard's attitude to city then anything, funny how those little niggling injuries have all cleared up for his mate Paul.

19. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I agree with all of your comments but you&#8217;re missing the point!! He wanted out last year and didn&#8217;t leave due to the finances not being as lucrative elsewhere and he got his wish of leaving whilst still being on 45k.

He might say he&#8217;s not money driven but he still wouldn&#8217;t move last summer due to the money and lets be honest at the end of the day hes human and we are driven by money its why we all work and it makes the world go round.

As mentioned I think the only way he will leave is if Ipswich get silly money for Wickham (which is another story as he will then go sit on the bench of a top four side and another wasted English talent)

Jimmy Bullard I think will still be on our books next summer, you are just taking it as a given he will be gone.....it&#8217;s not.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The fact is, that he's a good footballer, but he's thick as pigshit.

He'll say whatever he thinks people want to hear, but even he's not dim enough to throw away a £4.6m contract, nor any significant part of it.

We really need a Premier League club to come in for him.