1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brucey Bonus £££

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by garyrowellsworld, Sep 13, 2011.

1. garyrowellsworld

Noticed this on another message board, if nothing else Bruce is canny with his figures.

IN
    Turner £4m
    Campbell £3.5m
    Bent £10m
    Cana £5m
    Cattermole £4m
    Da Silva £1.5m
    Kilgallon £1.75m
    Mignolet £2m
    Bramble £1m
    Angeleri £1.5m
    Gyan £13m
    Sessegnon £6m
    Wickham £8m
    Gardner £4m
    O'Shea £4m
    Elmohamady £2m
    Ji Dong-Wong £2m
    Brown £1m
    McClean £350k
    =£79.6m

OUT
    Chopra £4m
    Collins £2.75m
    Edwards £1.4m
    Halford £2m :shocked:
    Leadbitter £1.6m
    Stokes £500k
    Whitehead £5m
    Murphy £1.4m
    Cana £5m
    Jones £8m
    Waghorn £3m
    Fulop £1.5m
    Da Silva £1.7m
    Bent £18m
    Reid £1m
    Henderson £16m
    Ferdinand £4.5m
    =£77.35m
    Bear in mind there are no loan figures in this either in or out.

2. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

8 of those players IN are either not at the club or not in the first team set up, that's where the problem lies

3. Mad Mackem

Mad Mackem Member

Some of your figures are wrong

4. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

which ones? angeleri and?

Riveros is missing from that list though...

5. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I would give Bruce a job for life just for getting 1.4 mil for Murphy

6. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Cana, Da Silva, Killgallon, Angeleri, Gyan, Bent, McClean = 7 plus Riveros = 8.

Then if you talking ready and starting 11 you could add Wickham 8-12m and Ji 2m

7. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

I tried to explain this point a few months age in someone else's thread.

What makes things very interesting is that 99% of football clubs DO NOT MAKE A PROFIT.

Therefore, even though some of the above fees may not be spot on, we have not spent/gambled. over the last 3/4 seasons.

Yes okay, we have had wages to pay, but so have every other club in the world.

Mr Short has written off our debt, so we understand, we therefore, surely to God, are not only in excellent shape, but must be at the front of the queue of clubs, able to speculate, THIS TIME, come January.

8. dansafcman

but they are also on the out list, and sold them for what we paid for them (or more). Exceptions would be angeleri and Killgallon.

Ji and Wickham are on his "in" list...

9. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Bruce spent £79.6 million, but the players he sold were from another watch altogether, so hes sold em on, and sold players we will be desperate for come xmas, Bruce aint a genius, just wanted a team created by him, and what a disaster thats turning out to be, also you forgot the add ons for Bent etc.

10. dansafcman

he still breaks about even, which still gives the club much needed financial stability, regardless of whose watch the players he sold were on.

add ons for Bent work both ways 10m+add ons when we bought him, 18m+ add ons when we sold him.

11. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

To be honest lads we will never know the real figures because this does not take into account, agents fees, bonus's, add on's, tax, signing on fee's etc.... Those things work both ways of course, so were probably not in bad shape financially at all. The thing that is important is that to do all these deals you need to have cash flow available. So when we buy a Gyan for 13m and then we sell a Bent for 18m 6 months later we can stand that 13m being out there for a while. This is what Short brings us if nothing else.

My worry which I bought up in another thread is that to me if he has the money available (which I think he has) and Bruce is saying we need to outlay on X and then we can sell on Gyan, why is that not happening. I get the impression that things happen slowly at SAFC because the cash flow side of it is not flowing swiftly enough. This I think is probably to do with Short and the fact he has a lot of investments, its not easy to just pull 10m out of the air and divert it to the football club. I am begining to think cash flow has been our issue and the reason we did not make a big money signing before the deadline is because the club/s we were going to be buying the players from would not accept payments in instalments. This could be down to fear over so many English clubs going into administration and their insurers for such a deal not sanctioning the deal. If you understand how the football business works its not quite as simple as giving another club a large case of money for a player.

The positive thing is we are not in debt and we can manage our wage bill. That of course does not help things on the pitch, but I suspect their will be money available for Bruce in Jan because I think the Arabs probably did effectively turn up with a suitcase full of money for the Gyan loan deal.

12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

And 2m for Halford!!

13. Not_cricket

Not_cricket Active Member

How many of you are wheeler/ dealers? Not many I bet and that is what a manager has to be

14. garyrowellsworld

2m for Halford and 1.4m for Murphy even del boy would struggle

15. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

So Dan your happy to have a revolving door for players? To progress we need to keep our best players. 3 of Bruces beat buys, Bent, Cana and Gyan no longer at the club, we can all speculate as to the real reasons why but these were players Bruce brought in.

16. Sandanski

Sandanski Member

We should now be consolidating our position in the league with 3 in 3 out every window. The problem we had was that we were paper thin in the new year for the past two seasons and this has been nearly sorted (apart from a couple of 15-20 goal strikers, a left back and a left midfielder) if we can get these players in before the end of January we will be ok. Who is top of your list cone January?