1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Broadbent has left the building

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Today Broadbent has joined L2 side Swindon on a permanent deal on a 2 and a half year contract.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The Club can today confirm that defender Tom Broadbent has moved to Swindon Town on a permanent deal.

The 27 year-old joined Rovers back in the summer of 2017, arriving at the club following a six-year spell in the British Army.

The centre-back made his Rovers debut during the opening weekend of the 2017/18 season at The Valley against Charlton Athletic and went on to made twenty-five appearances in all competitions last season.

This season, the defender has found game time more limited, making only eleven appearances in total so far this campaign, but scored his first professional goal in his last outing for the club, which came in last week's Checkatrade Trophy victory over Northampton Town.

Broadbent joins Swindon ahead of their Sky Bet League Two fixture against Tranmere Rovers this weekend.

Speaking about the defender's departure, Manager Graham Coughlan commented,
    "We are obviously disappointed to see Tom move on. Given his background, coming from the armed forces, we would have liked to have him around for the fight between now and the end of the season. We tried to change his decision, but this move has been in the works for a few weeks and he leaves with our best wishes for the future."

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Bit of an odd one that, the transfer I mean. I always though TB Was pretty stable at the back and won most challenges in the air, could dribble out of defence pretty well too, would of preferred to have seen TC off loaded if the defence was to be split up.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Snap CJS posted that on the loan signings thread

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Rollin's pretty good, so maybe he'll step up now. Swindon seem to be doing some quite good business during the transfer window. I think they snapped up Danny Rose from Pompey too. I'm not surprised Broadbent's moved on because a 27 year old needs first team football and he was never guaranteed that here.He'll probably do very well, because he's very decent.

old timer likes this.
  6. old timer

Followed by Liam Sercombe if the rumours I heard today are true. The rumours are that he is joining Portsmouth

7. old timer

Broadbent, Russe and now Menayese who is going out on loan outs winning 3 - 0