1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol Sport - Stadium re-development Project Manager

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

May be of significance, but Pete Smith appears to be the new project manager for the "the potential redevelopment of Ashton Gate Stadium into a 27,000 capacity stadium which will be home to both Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby Club".

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Happy (ish) with the capacity but am not at all happy to share with the egg chasers. The pitch will take a hell of a beating especially when we get prolonged months of rain like now.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I see the Egg chasers play at Ashton Gate next season.
    Can anyone confirm...........The Desso pitch gets laid the year after - at the earliest.
    If so - they
    Couldn't run a piss up at a Brewery.

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

5. Sixtyseconds

Sixtyseconds Member

Soil testers have stopped drilling for oil behind the Eastend, and the area at the back that looked like a travellers site after a wake is now clear of debris, old machinery ... Reckon its green light Ashton Gate.

6. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Reckon we should campaign for a rail extension to the other side of Ashton Vale.
    Then the nimbies could get to know all those wonderful people from London, the Midlands and the North

I know
    We are too kind

7. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

The nimbies will hopefully in the future get to know the travellers when they pitch up on the "green".......intimately one hopes.

8. Sixtyseconds

Sixtyseconds Member

Thats the way the choo choo goes from Parson street goes already.

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Nothing to worry about according to this.. and pitch going down this year?'

I don't want the Egg Chasers at AG, end of, but I hope you're right about the Desso pitch being laid ready for next August.
    Just thought I read somewhere that during the latest Q&A at Bradford SL said it wouldn't be ready next season.

10. ciderup

ciderup Member

WTGR, that doesn't say when it will be relaid as a desso 4 pitch with undersoil heating. My understanding is that will happen once the front of the Dolman is realigned and the pitch moved 5m which certainly won't be this year, maybe not next.

11. banksyisourhero

Did you give up reading all the way to the end?

"The new pitch would be in place and ready to use by the start of the 2014/15 season."

Should City go ahead with plans to redevelop Ashton Gate, they would replace the current playing surface at the end of next season in May 2014

12. ciderup

ciderup Member

Apologies, that was covered by a poxy pop up. I would assume the relaid pitch would be an interim job as it seems pointless putting the desso 4 one in when it would be ripped up again in 12 months once the Dolman lower is moved forward.

13. banksyisourhero

Maybe they can take up and move around ?

14. ciderup

ciderup Member

Maybe but with undersoil heating I would guess it complicates it. I would guess they can put it down and adjust it by 5M afterwards by moving pipes etc. Sounds like alot of work for 1 season though.

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Significant number of older fans transferred out the Eastend into the E block of the Williams. Lot of them have links to people around the club e.g. Directors. Been given a heads up about next season?

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I did notice yesterday there was a lot of fans over in the corner of the Williams.

17. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I transferred to the Williams saturday.

Hard to estimate numbers who suddenly moved but it appeared 80 - 100 did. It was kept quiet via word of mouth and the Eastend forum.

Fans were looking at the potential of Williams E - F for next season. Keeping the numbers down and doing it quietly prevented the club putting a stop to it, and so many entering the stand suddenly it could have upset the current season ticket holders. A lot more than 80 - 100 could have switched with publicity.

The consensus was it went alright, the bar facilities could not cope, it appeared that there was little negative impact on those in the adjacent blocks.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

From David Llyod as follows:

Now that Steve Lansdown has officially announced that we will be redeveloping Ashton Gate, starting with the likely demolition of the East End in the summer, I’m keen to get together to talk through our options for the end of this season, and what we do next year.

There are a few key issues which I have identified. You may well have more:

Opening up the EE to as many City fans as possible for the Crewe game.
    Some sort of event / party to celebrate the end of an era.

An open day in the week following the Crewe game so that fans can come in, take photos, take away their seat or some other souvenir etc.
    Relocation of current East Enders next season. I suspect different people will want to go to different areas and we need to identify where those might be and what behaviours might be acceptable in certain areas of the ground.
    season ticket costs for East Enders and the communication to potentially displaced season ticket holders in other stands

We are keen to find a part of the ground where the EE ethos can continue next season, as I’m sure you are. I know you have been looking at Williams F as a possibility.

I would like to get as many current East Enders along to a meeting at the club in the next two or three of weeks to meet up.. Could you spread the word please?

I would suggest 7pm at AG. We’ll open up a bar and talk through all the issues. I’m sure that working together we will be able to come up with a solution that keeps as many people as happy as possible. Could you let me have two or three convenient dates for ...

Dates have been suggested and will be confirmed soon.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Why just Eastenders, how about Williams, Dolman and Atyeo people, Eastenders are not special, they are just fans they are no better, no worse, god bless them.

Good on his dad, his son comes first..<ok>

20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The East End is still a bit of an icon. Not a particularly raked terrace, obstructed views and over recent seasons sharing it with away supporters, but by God I've some wonderful memories of games watched from there.

Some of which are

Cashley scoring against Hull (?)
    Beating Arsenal and Liverpool in our first season in the top division
    Coming from 0-2 down in Division 2 to beat Luton (with a young Malcolm McDonald and Viv Busby) 3-2
    Chris Garlands testimonial against Man Ure
    City beating Hartlepool in the playoffs and Christian Roberts winner
    and many many more.