1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol Rovers v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 26, 2020.

?

City win?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2020.
  1. City win

55.8%
  2. Draw

23.1%
  3. Rerrrvers win

21.2%
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

a long time ago I was a ball boy when we played Bristol rovers at home! 1978 time. Think they were doing well at the time. Had a player called Paul Randall who was a decent larker. I threw him the ball for a throw in, he threw it back and we kept throwing it to each other. Then roger devries said gimme the ****ing ball it’s our throw!!! <laugh><laugh>

Hull City supporters in the UK and overseas will be able to watch a live stream of Tuesday night’s clash away to Bristol Rovers (KO 7pm).

James Fletcher will provide the commentary on iFollow Tigers for the trip to the Memorial Stadium.

Live streaming passes are priced at £10 for supporters based in the UK and £7 for overseas viewers.

To purchase a streaming pass for Saturday's game, please click here.

FAQs about iFollow Tigers are available to read here.

Grant McCann has called for his Hull City side to sharpen up in the final third.

Despite taking the lead through Mallik Wilks’ low drive, the Tigers fell to a first home defeat of the season after losing 2-1 to Peterborough.

Defeat was harsh on City, who registered 13 shots to Posh’s five, with the visitors scoring from both of their efforts on target.

McCann’s men had their chances, with Wilks hitting the post with a deflected shot, Greg Docherty curling an effort just wide and Tom Eaves glancing a header narrowly past the upright.

And the boss wants to see more consistency in the attacking areas – and for his side to score more goals.

“We’re still early into the season but that’s one area where I think we need to be better,” said McCann.

“Although we’ve scored some goals, I think we can still be better with the players we’ve got at the top end of the pitch.

“What I think we could also get better at is our delivery into the box when we get up there.

“It’s a little bit mixy-matchy at the minute – there’s one good, one bad, one good, one bad.

“We need to be more consistent when we get into the final third. Whether it’s midfielders, full-backs, wide players, whoever it is, in those areas we need to be a bit more consistent.

“Then we’ll score some goals”

Poll will close before kick off

City to get back on track 2-1 win

frankbanksneck likes this.
  2. Quill

Quill Bastard

4-0 City or win on pens

Would be nice to see some tactical nous from Grant for ****ing once. Please?

Also, these games are coming thick and fast. I'm a little worried about the fitness of the squad, I would not be surprised if our best XI burns out before Christmas.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run and Pirates were filmed in Bristol and Only Fools and Horses’ Nelson Mandela House is behind Ashton Gate.

Nipper, the HMV dog is from Bristol.

Bristol is the world's biggest manufacturers of hot air balloons, as well as the host of Europe's largest hot air balloon fiesta every August.

Ribena was invented in Bristol.

Fry's Chocolate in Bristol was the first company in the world to manufacture chocolate bars, and one of the first to make chocolate Easter eggs too.

The first ever bungee jump took place from the Clifton Suspension Bridge in 1979, with members of the Oxford University Dangerous Sports Club.

Lead shot was invented in Bristol

Waterside Plaza in New York City was built upon the rubble of bombed-out Bristol.

Bristol was once the home of the tigers. Or one at least. It lived in a local pub to drum up trade, but ended when the crowd complained it didn't move much, so the barman went to wake it up, so it ate him.

Billy Butlins’ first ever business venture was a hoopla stall in Bristol.

Bristol’s clocks ran 10 minutes behind those of London up until 1840 when the introduction of train travel meant all time had to be standardised. This is why the clock on the Exchange Building still has two minute hands.

Penguin Books Started in a Bristol Vending Machine.

The locally notorious Thomas Crapper manhole cover from the 1850s is said to be the favourite of manhole cover enthusiast Jeremy Corbyn.

The first gender reassignment surgery took place in Bristol.

Bristol had the first school in England to educate girls.

Gloucester Road has the longest unbroken chain of independent retailers in all of Europe.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Cary Judy Judy Judy Grant came from Bristol

5. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Back in the day, opposition fans would visit this page after the match and be amazed at how accurate the illustrious Hull City fan predictions were. Now the poll takes a more scattergun approach, as if the results are based on nothing but simple guesses or 'gut feelings'. We look stupid, and that's entirely your fault.

I hereby request that we are allowed once again to vote after the game has concluded. It's good for you, it's good for me and most importantly, it's good for our collective reputation.

I know there'll be a result against Rovers, I just wish, like many others, to reserve the right to declare it later on.

When it's easier to get it right.

Or at least a 'Win on Pens' option.

6. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

It's this type of League One knowledge that you just can't buy.

He knows this League inside out, ya knaa.

We'll get nowt out of this.

If we're still in a playoff place come full time, it'll be a bonus.

Don't be checking the league table and coming back at me with points available an' logic an' all that, 'cos I'm not interested.

7. DocTigris

DocTigris Active Member

If there is a result, and I agree and also think there will be, then it is the strongest start to a season since last season when there was also a result in the first 9 games as well. (if my memory serves me right)

But we cannot read too much into this just yet as we know how it all ended up.

Des Head likes this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

9. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Being the ****test team in the City must be a Rovers thing.

City 3 nowt.

Sorry Rovers fans (the real Rovers & not these West Country inbreds). No offence intended,

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  10. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Fleming for Elder
    Jones for Smallwood
    Eaves for Magennis

I have a soft spot for Bristol Rovers I went to Uni in Bristol and watched them a lot.

2-0 City

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020

11. Chazz Rheinhold

What????

12. GEvans76

Mistake calm the **** down

13. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I'd go with that except I'd start Smallwood and sub him for Jones if he looks knackered again. Eaves needs a start to either show us he's worth it or to confirm he's as crap as a lot think he is. I feel he must have more to show than we've seen so far.

Cold, wet Bristol night, 0-0 for me.

14. Chazz Rheinhold

<diva>

GEvans76 likes this.
  15. GEvans76

You are right about Smallwood/Jones

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Bristol Rovers 2-2 Hull City

17. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

A recycled plastic :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I think we will see changes, elder is a tough one, going forward he has been fantastic, but defending has been very hit and miss! I really can't make my mind up as to whether I'd change him or not. I think we could see eves start

Still going for a city win

19. Chazz Rheinhold

This elder blaming is ridiculous, not aimed at you. Again it’s the system. Don’t posters remember all the complaints about kamil not offering any support to the left back!!??
    Reece burke is five to ten yards away from Emmanuel and that’s what helps him
    Honeyman offers more support to the rb too
    Elder has little to no support from de wijs and. Now greaves, he’s miles away from him. With klp miles away too.
    Fleetwood exploited it and so did posh!
    Other teams will be taking notice too
    Terry didn’t change anything
    As we know

20. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

This 10,000,000%