1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Rotherham /25 positive covid cases

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Jiffie, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

2. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Its going to be tough for them to catch up on those matches - Saturday/Tuesday every week (and a small squad)

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Might give us a chance to finally win a home game, I’ll take anything right now for a win at AG!!

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Our season is done and dusted and I don't see why we would go for this deal unless it is a precursor to offering a longer contract for next time out.

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I'm sort of conflicted over this one, probably Nige sees what most of us sees in Hunt, he is the weakest link in our defence, allows far too many crosses into our box.

As long as it's only until the end of the season, I am probably ok with it.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Unless we go on an unprecedented winning streak the playoffs are out of reach. We shouldn’t be throwing money at trying to reach them.
    If ever there was a time to ‘write off’ a season this is it. No fan will want to see us accept mid-table, but with no fans in the stadium there are less of us to piss off with that approach.
    Hopefully we’ll all be allowed back by the start of the new season and we can push on from there.

AshtonRed likes this.
  9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I don't see it as an attempt to reach the play offs, I see it as an attempt to maybe improve a position short term that has been a long term problem.

10. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

hes been around the block so if he can pass on some of that experience, maybe even looking to revamp the coaching staff next season,

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

12. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Let's face it it's good to see some action on the player front and I think given a summer signing window we could see significant changes next season. Pearson is a footballing man who has a lot of contacts in the right places and that expertise could have a long term affect on the club and it's playing philosophies. We have wandered the desert looking for anything that can kick a ball for way too long and now I think we can look forward to watching players that offer way more than recent years. I have watched most of Pearson's update videos and I must say I like the cut of his jib and his language doesn't go around the houses and makes sense, which is preferable to the guff we have been used to hearing. :emoticon-0148-yes:

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

14. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

That case highlights one of the problems faced by the police and CPS in cases such as this, it is a very common occurrence that the female victim refuses to give evidence and withdraws her statement. Fair play to the police and the CPS for still pursuing it.

As usual the female group complaining about the sentence, have got the wrong end the stick IMHO, in years gone past the whole case would have been dropped so there would have been no punishment at all and the sentence meted out probably reflected her withdrawal of support.

There is also a huge irony to this case, because of the intrusion of the press whilst carrying out said community service, the court later changed the sentence to a curfew. Well once again thank you press for obstructing what little justice remains in this country.

15. AshtonRed

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City see off Championship competition to sign veteran defender on a free transfer
    The Robins snap up free agent player to reinforce their defensive options.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...tol-city-see-championship-competition-5207432

It seems they have to make room in a 25 man squad to make it official with the FA, I am only the messenger with local news.

(They are removing a long-term injured player from their designated 25-man EFL roster to be able to recruit Simpson, who has impressed enough to net a short-term contract in BS3.)

AshtonRed likes this.
  17. AshtonRed

I have mixed feelings about this signing, does anybody else ?

18. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Definite mixed feelings, but hey it's until the end of the season at present and if he proves an upgrade on Hunt then win, win for me. I suspect that Pearson has realised like many Hunt can be a liability defensively especially his seeming inability to prevent crosses.

19. AshtonRed

Both on the grounds of whether we actually need him, I think were safe this season, but also in relation to his past behaviour. I know he’s done his time , but IMO maybe one to steer clear of.

20. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

We once had 3 players sent to prison and 1 get community service for the same assault/damage offence, 3 of them were welcomed back to the club with open arms. One of the 3 welcomed back in the weeks leading up to the court case was sent off at Northampton for trying to head butt BCFC captain Louis Carey.

We are hardly in a position to judge.