1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol City v Leeds Utd Match thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 18, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Bristol City v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Oct 21, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

8.0%
  3. 2-2 or higher

8.0%
  4. BC by 1

24.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

8.0%
  6. BC by 2

28.0%
  7. Leeds by 2

16.0%
  8. BC by 3 or more

8.0%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

8.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Bristol City V Leeds Utd
    Saturday 21st October 2017 at 3pm
    Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone

Leeds travel down to Bristol on Saturday hoping to put the brakes on, and avoid a fifth loss in six games.

Surely Christiensen will no option but drop Phillips to the bench in favour of Viera, if indeed he's fit.

You have to say that Roofe, Berardi and Hernandez may be at risk of joining Phillips but are the alternatives any better?

Will the gaffer keep faith with Lonergan between the sticks?

What about Jansson. The Swede himself has described his recent performances as '****'.

Is this a must win, or would you settle for a draw?

City are enjoying their best form to date, noticeably 4-1 against Derby, 3-1 at Ipswich and 2-0 against Bolton. Currently they are fourth in the table, a point and two places above Leeds.

Attached Files:

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the form we started the season we have no fears of anyone, but confidence is the key, have we got any? Tommy has to prove he has what it takes to change tactics that have failed, make changes to team & be able to lift the squad. I win down there will demonstrate he has what it takes.

Loss of form is temporary, yet how long can the manager wait before making a change. Pontus or Pennington, Pablo or Viera/Klich - Who has been our best left back?

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Johnson will aim his fire at Ayling, he's good going forward but as a defender ............

Whitejock and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

ellandback likes this.
  5. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone,Bristol city are certainly one of the in form teams at the moment (mind you whoever we play at the moment looks in form) let's hope that will all change on saturday as im sure TC will work some magic on the team<wizard> or would it be a bloody miracle at the moment<whistle>

davy, ellandback and 2 pennth like this.
  6. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Totally agree,but can we find that missing spark? i certainly hope so.

Doc likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Is it time to rest Ayling & play Berardi at RB with Pennington & Cooper with Anita at LB. Think it was Chippy who recently said that Ayling hasnt been in form recently. Maybe the whole back line need freshening up to get their mojo back. Is CBJ good enough, or is he a big headed sulker who thinks he better than he is? I watched his first game and he was superb at LB as he had pace to go past people and link the play. He then went to replace Pennington and again did a job at CB, so whats happened?

8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are still taking pot shots at Phillips. He's clearly got instructions from the manager & is carrying them out - otherwise he would be dropped. He's our top scorer in the Championship - which is a worry, but not about him - and has been fairly consistent in this new role since I saw him line up with O'Kane in Austria. A bigger issue for me is that we are not defending as a team, and that starts with pressing in the opposition half. Lasogga tries, but seriously, he's like a carthorse chasing after players. Saiz does his duty effectively, as does the DM2. But our wingers? Bad in different ways. Pablo is half-hearted in pressing and even worse at tackling back. It's only when he feels like it does he try, and I use the word inadvisedly! Roofe at least runs with some gusto, but it's headless chicken stuff, and like Pablo, doesn't support his full back. That's the biggest problem we have - teams do what they like, when they like, and we let them. Lasogga needs to get a stone run off him, but on the training pitch, not the field of play. Pablo needs to be used only when Saiz is not playing & Roofe isn't available. Dallas needs to start to add that extra bit of defensive steel he offers. I'm also in favour of us having a narrow 3 at times, with Viera lining up with the present 2 DMs.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    leeds60, davy, ristac and 1 other person like this.
  9. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Roofe I can understand being benched, Hernandez for me is 50-50, Christian is pushing him out wide which is not really his best position, if TC drops Pablo, with respects to Dallas, I think it would be a good challenge to start Alioski on left, and Sacho on right. Alioski is naturally left footed, but can shoot with both feet.

Sacko, if he's really learnt how to distribute his final ball can cause havoc down right while Alioski runs rings around the opponents on left. This leaves Saiz in middle to do his stuff, and we know Alioski and Saiz link up well together, Saiz linking with Sacko remains to be seen and may well be work in progress.

Phillips imo needs to be dropped, no impact and no distribution. For me, time to try Klitch and Vieira for a couple of games, not just one.

I'm with some others, time to give Cibicki a go for a couple of games, he's pacier than Lasogga and Grot, he's nimble and quicker of the mark, we'd do a hell of a lot better if we brought Becchio back.........that'll wake some up.

I got a question Ell, and all, what has Berardi done wrong to warrant some saying he should be dropped? I read an article by an amateur journalist who was calling for Berardi to be dropped cos we lost the last 3 games.......can someone please explain where the sense is in that statement.......if it's the case, the whole team should be dropped, shouldn't they?

Reading, Mo Barrow left Ayling for dead, whipped right around and past him.

Sheff Wed, First goal came from a cross, nodded onto Hooper who scuffed it in. Second goal offside from down middle. 3rd goal, a cross from Berardis side, quarter way up pitch and nodded onto Hooper to nod in, 4th goal, belter from middle.

Cardiff, 1 goal from Aylings side, 1 goal from middle, 1 goal from Berardi's side that 3 Leeds players failed to stop, plus the keeper.

Ipswich, 1 goal from a free kick cross from Berardis side and nodded in. 1 goal from our keepers mistake and knocked in from a push out in middle.

Mind you, some of these amateur article writers make me laugh with what they come up with......:emoticon-0148-yes:

10. patb

patb Well-Known Member

what's wrong with giving shaunessy s spot in mid field afterall thats where he started as a footballer and we know he can defend just saying.

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

From what I'v seen and thus would make this comment.
    Early season we went for every ball if we lost it we chased to get it back and in many cases we got it.
    Now we are not chasing, if we lose the ball we leave it to someone else. In otherwords a lack of effort.
    Why are we playing this way, as if it does not matter.

12. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

because the tacklers in the championship are no bottlers they get stuck in not what your bunch are used to is it lightweights <ok>

13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

I think youll win this one Bristol were ****e against us and ****e last week against Burton both at Ashton Gate or whatever the tip is called <ok>

14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Should be a good game, if you come and play football,if you do a Burton, or Millwall and park the bus then it will be a dull affair.

i expect goals in this game with us winning by two.

By the way it will be the biggest crowd to date in the revamped Ashton Gate tickets so far are at 24000,only 3500 left.

ellandback likes this.
  15. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Whoever is in the team it is now time to try and get a settled team change after change is not helping.

FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  16. Red Robin

Perhaps if you and Burton played football and not parked the bus,you would have seen a different game.However our boys have got to get used to breaking these sides down, and getting in behind the brick walls.

17. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Agree with Red Robin - I really hope that you come to play - it should then be an excellent game - I've gone for a high scoring draw (2-2)

If Luke Ayling plays I suspect that he will get a warm reception as he was well liked during his time at Ashton Gate

ellandback likes this.
  18. Red Robin

Definitely gave his all at the gate,shame he moved on,however Pisano our Italian defender that took his place is different gravy.

19. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that you are priming the cannon.

MIGHTY and Whitejock like this.
  20. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Leeds United Ladies secure victory with 13 goals..

Better put them out on Saturday.