1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Coventry City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 3, 2022.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Semenyo starts, Naismith out: The predicted Bristol City XI to face Coventry on Tuesday
    please log in to view this image

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/s...-bristol-city-xi-to-face-coventry-on-tuesday/
    Coventry City man makes Bristol City claim ahead of first return
    Coventry City news from CoventryLive as the Sky Blues playmaker prepares for his first return to Bristol City
    https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...s/coventry-city-bristol-kasey-palmer-25162949
    ‘He has got to’ - Nigel Pearson told to start Bristol City player and who to drop
    Bristol City’s match against Coventry City could be a match we see Nigel Pearson ring the changes
    https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/...t-bristol-city-player-and-who-to-drop-3865468
    Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson explains Timm Klose's absence after defensive struggles

The Swiss central defender has yet to start a league game this season with Tomas Kalas still sidelined
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-nigel-pearson-klose-7657332

How the Under-21s line up
    Two significant absences from the U21s this afternoon with Sam Bell and Dylan Kadji not in the squad.

With Alex Scott and Matty James absent for tomorrow's game, Kadji's exclusion makes sense but Bell's absence is certainly interesting.

He's on fire with five goals in his last three matches and a hint that he could be involved tomorrow. Although there's already stiff competition with Weimann, Semenyo, Martin, Wells and Conway pushing for starts
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-news-transfers-live-7656376

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what others think about the starting formation. Changes needed to be made, if only to wake some of them up, but I don't see this as a dangerous line-up but you never say never in this game. Massengo, DaSilva and Vyner starting is like the darker days of last season when we were struggling, and I just can't see that as progression to be honest.

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Changes will be made I’d imagine, can’t personally see this line up though. Certainly Semenyo needs to start and give Conway a rest. As for the rest I’ve not got a clue, good job it’s not my decision to make. Will be interesting to see what Nige does, obviously he’s got the advantage of knowing injury situations and form on the training pitch.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I'd drop Conway just for not passing to Wells, greedy little bu**er.
    If Pearson takes Naismith out of the back 3 imo he has to play a role in midfield.
    I'd play him instead of King and think Naismith, Williams and Massengo's legs might do a job in the middle of the park.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I said on OTIB I see Naismith as this defensive midfielder needed when we first bought him. And still think with Klose and Kalas back that’s where he would be moved to. But for now we’re stuck with him as we don’t really have 2 CB’s in Atkinson and Vyner.

Redprintt likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City predicted team vs Coventry: Changes expected with Massengo and Tanner set to start
    The Robins manager will be without Matty James and Alex Scott in midfield while Antoine Semenyo could start
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport.../bristol-city-predicted-team-coventry-7660174
    Bristol City (3-4-1-2): Dan Bentley; Zak Vyner, Kal Naismith, Rob Atkinson; George Tanner, Andy King, Han-Noah Massengo, Jay Dasilva; Andi Weimann; Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Cundy did ok at the end of last season, anyone know how he’s doing at Barnsley?, it was Barnsley he went to wasn’t it?

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Is Sykes injured or paying the price for his part in the 2nd goal v QPR? Interesting that they think NP will go with Tanner over Kane Wilson? I thought Tanner showed a lot of heart and spirit last season but was out of his depth in the Championship.

9. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Struggling to make it tonight, anyone know if it’s on Virgin’s Sky red button?

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Up the City !

12. Supcon72

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh> God help us mate that is a revelation<laugh>

14. Supcon72

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

We need a win tonight a convincing win from the boys.:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

Supcon72 likes this.
  16. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Nothing else but a good win for me.

17. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I agree, as another loss would knock the players & fans confidence on our setup and approach.
    Another defensive display like we've had in the last 3 matches will surely indicate the coaches & the manager don't know how to put things right..

18. Supcon72

Hopefully, Palmer is as poor in front of goal tonight as he was at the weekend...

19. Supcon72

Another loss and the pressure mounts. In many other clubs in this league this season, 4 defeats on the spin get's you the bullet. Thankfully, SL is more restrained than that.

20. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Not with the current bunch that's for sure.
    Can't see it getting better till Kalas and Klose are available.