1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brighton for the Prem

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by Horsham_Tiger, May 25, 2011.

1. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

How many Seagulls think you can do a Norwich and go straight through?

Looking forward to being in the away end when City (Hull) play you next season.

My last Brighton game was the 5-0 against Orient, the one before that was the 0-0 versus Orient the season before.

Can't say I'm going to miss the Withdean! My (Sussex) father-in-law is being a bit cautious, but he still thinks a tilt at the play-offs.

2. Bright_Wright

Bright_Wright Member

Not a hope in hell, they will do well to avoid the drop.

Another 5-0 at the Selhurst coming their way!!!

3. Atletico Southampton

Brighton will barely survive next season but will succumb to the inevitable the next season...

4. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

I think a lot depends on how much they fill the new stadium, if they get a good number of fans they will have more income, can attract better players and could have a serious tilt at promotion. You are no smaller than Blackpool, that's for sure!

5. BraggFan

BraggFan New Member

I think Brighton showed against Portsmouth and Watford last year that we are capable of competing at a higher level. Whether we'llbe able to do it week in week out remains to be seen.

I think realistically the squad as it is will be midtable/top of bottom half. I'd be amazed if we ended up in the bottom 3 as there are teams with bigger worries than Brighton.

As far as the Saints fans banging on about how they'll finish above us, to be honest I really couldn't care less what they do. The funny thing is Brighton fans would consider finishing 13th and Saints finishing 12th, a solid return to the Championship. Saints fans will probably be banging on about that makes them the biggest club on the south coast, biggest club outside the premier league.

6. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

I think they will go up especially as they have bids on a couple of our better players!

7. Sergei Gotsmanov

I know about Buckley...who is the second player we are after?

8. Sergei Gotsmanov

I think the majority of us are cautiously optimistic. Things are looking good but we will know a lot more when we see who Gus brings in over the summer. Looking at the strength of the league next season it's gonna be tough. Can only pick out 2 weak sides in the league. Palarse and Donnie (no offence to Donnie). Everyone one else is potentially pretty strong.

What will be will be. After the last 14 years in the wilderness I'm just gonna sit back (in my padded seat with loads of leg room) and enjoy the ride!

9. Marcel-Marcelle

Marcel-Marcelle New Member

I'd be happy with a season of mid table comfort.
    After our previous struggles in the championship i'm confident we won't struggle this time.
    But talk of the prem is a bit presumtuous at the moment.

10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As a Norwich fan, that's exactly what I (and hundreds more of us) said this time last year. Sir Paul Lambert, however, had his sights set slightly higher than that <ok>:1980_boogie_down: