1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic OLOF's political thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by MIGHTY, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Should there be a second Brexit vote

1. Yes

30.3%
  2. No

58.8%
  3. Dont know

0.8%
  4. Its too late

1.7%
  5. Ell rulz

0.8%
  6. couldnt give a fook

6.7%
  7. Will WJ ever see whats hitting him smack in the face

1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

so your allowed to cast aspersions against anyone, without any proof and your ok

OLOF likes this.
  2. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up politics.

3. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Site rules say so, yes. In fact it’s not optional, it’s a requirement to state facts without any backing.

I suppose as you are relatively new on here you deserve a less flippant explanation. I used to soend my time posting sources but realised a long time ago when it comes to politics we have a lot of closed minds on here and, to be frank, I find the long series of exchanges that develop to be tiresome. They rarely shed much light though they generate a lot of heat.

My reply above is partly my opinion, partly based on evidence. You can find it all at www. Google.co.uk which is he only ‘source’ I’m going to post.

I don’t like Trump because he’s a populist. I hate populists. It’s not a matter of left or right, I have voted Conservative more often than labour in my life. I don t like populists (currently most are on the right but they can be on the left too)

on his character, I don’t like his use of lies, the bigger and more frequent l the better. There are people who have devoted months of their lives to tracking his lies you don’t need me to give you a link. I also dislike the way Trump (as someone who himself rather fortunately missed the draft) sneers at servicemen who were killed or captured. And, if you have not read about it, read about Trump university as an insight into how he really regards the relatively poor as a source of income - I find that one particularly distasteful,

4. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Trump brought troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan and did not start any wars, unlike Barry O'Bummer ya silly old ****

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

so you must not read whats happening now the Dominion machine made by the naughty boys for Charveze to win his elections, were bought buy the democrats to manipulate the elections in the key states, Trump was winning them by that much of a landslide he broke the cheating Algorithmus, so at 4 am they closed the voting so they could manipulate the count .Trump will win there are todate 4 thousand people testifying with proof of the corruption, they even have the dominion machine that did it on line recovered by the Cia from their building In Frankfurt.
    I know you wont believe it and so im prepared to post all the videos to prove it, all i want to do is open your eyes to the truth, but some people as so far gone by MSM lies there is no seeing the truth for the lies, im not bothered either way but hate cheats and liars and the deep state have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar, on film and with witnesses even their lies cant wriggle out of this one

OLOF and brisbane-lion like this.
  6. Makemstine Roger

7. 2020VisionofLeeds

Hard to believe that when it is the 10000th lie to come from Trump, sorry.(at a tough estimate). And I’m afraid videos of someone stating their opinions are not evidence. The fact that Trump keeps saying he won does not make it true. That’s part of why I call him a populist.

So far Trump is losing every legal action he’s taken. If real evidence emerges of this I’ll listen to it, so far it’s pretty thin.

and this exchange is a good example of why I just post sound bite comments and usually avoid detailed debates on here, they waste a lot of time and convince no one.

part of why I loathe Trump is he is destroying trust in democracy by claiming he won an election he lost.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  8. 2020VisionofLeeds

9. Makemstine Roger

followed that link usa today did you see who finances them

OLOF likes this.
  10. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Politics aside,of which I know zilch, it's the fact that the man is delusional and really should not be in charge of anything. The latest: He is, apparently, offering pardons to anyone who will donate to his cause. True? I don't know, but was on FB so it must be.

11. brisbane-lion

Politics aside,of which I know zilch, it's the fact that the man is delusional and really should not be in charge of anything. The latest: He is, apparently, offering pardons to anyone who will donate to his cause. True? I don't know, but was on FB so it must be.
    Sorry, Makem, but who's making statements now without proof?

12. brisbane-lion

This man even lies about the colour of his hair. 'nuff said

13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of politicians

OLOF likes this.
  14. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Is this you making your own rules up as usual

Irishshako and OLOF like this.
  15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

The most reliable sources, I guess, are those who have know him and the way he works. Perhaps reading the views of Tillerson, Bolton, Cohen, McMaster, Hill, Morrison, Vindman, Scaramucci, Cohn, McGahn, Mattis, etc and his own neice Mary Trump may provide some enlightenment but perhaps not. If you like him and can't see his failings, then that's fine by me. As a business man he has gone bankrupt several times and his views about women, even his own daughter, are well known. To be honest I can see how some are enticed by his rhetoric but I do not believe history will have a good opinion of him.

Treble and Makemstine Roger like this.
  16. 2020VisionofLeeds

And that’s another populist trick, the ‘false equivalence’ trick. It sounds a bit like all politicians, but it’s taken way beyond the norm even for politicians.

17. 2020VisionofLeeds

Just me learning from what everyone else does.

18. Irishshako

Thank **** "YOUR" Abbotts and Corbyns aren't ruining the, sorry running the country.<ok>

OLOF likes this.
  19. Irishshako

What do you expect from "them" :emoticon-0105-wink:

20. gombawn

gombawn Well-Known Member

I thought 'LL was banned

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.