1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brentford v Hull City AFC - Team news...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 21, 2019.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Adkins on team news

We’ve had a good week in training and we know we have a tough game against Brentford and it’s a big week of games. We take one game at a time.

Jordy has been training with us, we’ll utilise the squad over the course of the week.

Brentford have been on a great run since we beat them. Then we have Millwall on Tuesday and then Birmingham at the weekend. Three totally different games. We’ve got one or two players with little niggles. The players are focused. It’s important to get the preparation right.

Adkins on injury news

Onrdrej hasn’t joined in the main group yet, but we have to make sure we get him in the right condition. Jon Toral has not trained fully with the group.

Adkins on his defensive selection

It’s good decision to have. We have had players not available for selection and now we have three totally games so I will utilise the squad.

Adkins on MacDonald

We won’t see Angus this season and James Weir has had a little bit of a setback with his knee so we will see how he gets on. We were hoping Angus would be back for March. It’s tough and he’s played one game for us this season. Medically you have to get it right and that’s what the club is doing. We have to support him as much as possible.

Adkins talks about the break

I think I’ve used the last nine days wisely, we had the Rotherham game and I analysed it the next morning and then I was up here for the week. I had dinner with my wife and I was back here on Monday.

We couldn’t control that we didn’t have the game against Millwall and from our point of view we gave the players a bit of mental R and R.

Adkins discusses the contract situation

I’ve had conversations with the owners. When there is anything to say we’ll say it. In the meantime everyone is focused.

I play Marshall every week. He’s been excellent. George Long is good enough to be number one and they get one exceptionally. He’s out of contract in the summer but we’d like to see him say.

Together everyone achieves more. Last year when we joined we managed to stay in the Championship and we had to start all over again. It was a challenging start and it was great that we have a team spirit and everyone is enjoying it. We want to keep building a team and not be starting all over again. That is a scenario. I like to be planned and organised. The club have options on contracts and what you see is a team. The business side will unfold.

Adkins on Fraizer Campbell

Fraizer has done great, it’s the most goals hes scored in 10 years, we have a great physical programme here and he’s a big favourite with the fans. We have a group of player who enjoy being here. We want that to continue.

2. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Anybody know why we actually signed Angus MacDonald ?

3. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

The clowns in charge could not get Ronald ...

Evington and FER ARK like this.
  4. Dr. Stanley

Dr. Stanley Well-Known Member

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’m going to this one
    Should I take my boots?!

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He's actually played three games for us this season.

7. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

I'd certainly wear something on your feet, lots of puddles on the pavements.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Because we couldn’t afford Barnsley’s first choice defender.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Or second choice.

10. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Because he had health problems so he was cheap, you could say that with various other transfers over the last few years.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I've said this before, but I think we deliberately target players who have had severe injuries in the past in order to get them cheaply. Nearly every player we've signed since LD came in has had some kind of major injury in the past.

Evington likes this.
  12. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Even cheaper not to sign him as we are actually paying for him to do nothing

Evington likes this.