1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

***BREAKING*** St Mirren Give Town Permission to speak to Jack Ross

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, May 10, 2018.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

3. johnnywarksmoustache

The next Alex Ferguson! Let hope he is just half as good! <ok>

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

No offence intended but if this appointment happens I cant really see season ticket sales rocketing on the strength of it, don't get me wrong I want all our playing and management staff to do well but I think most people will say whooo ??

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  5. johnnywarksmoustache

I do agree FM but on the other hand no one had heard of Alf Ramsey or Bobby when they first arrived. Time will tell but it would be a really refreshing change from appointing a "Name" with the "been there done that" attitude!

fieldmarshall likes this.
  6. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

St Mirren fans seem largely resigned to Jack Ross leaving this summer, and this St Mirren forum thread provides a good snapshot of their viewpoint (and they're really nice about our club!) - http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/fo...wich-town-permission-to-speak-with-jack-ross/

Personally, Ross didn't register on my shortlist and I can't say I know too much about him, other than his notable achievements in a short managerial career. As Westy has said, many promising young Scottish managers have come over with varying degrees of success. I'd say Ross is at a similar level of experience as Alex Neill when he came over here, and he has been mostly a success at both Norwich and Preston, achieving promotion with the former. I need to understand more about his style of football, management, and his record bringing young players through. I'm presuming it's all mostly positive considering St Mirren has walked the Scottish Championship.

7. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Given that we've supposedly held interviews with Stam and Sherwood, it's no surprise we're working our way through the list (particularly given the Scottish season has finished and he's had the opportunity to enjoy & reflect on his success in the last week)

The biggest surprise is that he was on (or at least so high on) the owners list. You have to make the assumption he either applied or had given a very strong indication of his interest in the job. I would expect he'll be interviewed next week along with Hurst (if they're not through to the play off final) and a decision will be made from there.

Must admit, I thought the link to him had gone a bit cold, but this would indicate he is very much near the forefront of the owners thoughts as he would need to pay some compensation for this appointment, which can only mean he is a very serious contender

8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Very interesting to see impartial outsiders' views on our Club.So much for all those who carped on about us being an unattractive prospect and "careful what you wish for"!

9. Yorkiegit26

Yorkiegit26 Member

I confess that I had to look the guy up for details, he seems to be the sort of guy I would hope for i.e. young, reasonable success on limited budget plays decent football.
    Whether he will come good in the English league remains to be seen but certainly ME has got my support if he does appoint him, and at least it shows that he is looking at the right type of guy in my opinion. All in all very excited

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I am really disappointed that we have interviewed Sherwood and I would say these two candidates indicate that Marcus Evans has learned nothing. I'm not saying this chap could or couldn't do a job because let's face it, who knows, but The Scottish Championship is less competitive than the Conference.

Westlake33 likes this.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I suppose my neutral reaction to this appointment is, however, an improvement on my strongly negative reaction to the appointment of the previous manager.

12. Westlake33

Me too mate if we get Sherwood.................... jesus.

Alhare and johnnywarksmoustache like this.
  13. fieldmarshall

Agreed jonny, if we were to engage Ross wouldn't it be brilliant if he came good,whereas Sherwood would require vast amounts of money with no guarantees of success.
    Just heard McClarens going to QPR so Holloway must be out on his ear, I think we should stay away from him.

14. fieldmarshall

According to the St Mirren board Swansea have enquired about Ross, interesting times.

15. Bigalreigned

That's our chances probably f'ed then.

16. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

How about Carvahal to throw another name into the hat....

17. fieldmarshall

Lots of names being thrown around but most of the well known ones will lose interest when they find out there's no money to spend, that's why I feel we would be better off giving a lower league manager a shot, someone who doesn't expect a huge transfer budget and can motivate ordinary players to perform otherwise we will go back to giving washed up has beens and never will bes with a " name " the job, no thanks been there done that.

18. Westlake33

An absolutely massive no from me. Guys a class A clown.

Partners an owl, been to many a game with her and her family the past 3 years. So limited only plays one way.

None of them know what happened with Urby Emmanuelson who signed then refused to play.

He loaned Callum McManamum / Aden McGeady then said they weren't fit enough to play.............. so why bloody loan them then.

Absolute tard. Wasted millions there.

19. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Ross seems a decent appointment imo.

San Diego likes this.
  20. Bigalreigned

Perhaps we ought to stop fannying around waiting for Hurst and get going with Ross?