1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breaking News Darrell Clarke

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by MassiveAttack, Nov 3, 2017.

1. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Good News - Darrell still has his job! Keep up the good work

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Last night,s result was very disappointing for all involved with Bristol Rovers football club.

3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

How many times have we said something similar this season so far! I don't blame DC personally for one moment, but I fear for the remainder of the season if the problem isn't addressed quickly. Thankfully, apart from the potential financial benefits, being out of the cup competitions wont do us any harm, in my opinion, but it strikes me at this stage of the season, that certain members of the squad simply aren't up to the level required in league 1, and need to be offloaded and replaced at the earliest opportunity. There is no sentiment in business, as they say, and the recurring problems defensively keep on happening, so as far as I'm concerned, the players concerned have had more than enough time to get their act together and prove their worth - the time to 'shape up or ship out' has arrived before its too late!

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hearing DC 's interview last night, he blames himself as he picked the squad who are not performing. His own words is that we are consistent at being inconsistent. Big changes coming in Jan!

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having now seen the County goals I say sack the whole defence aboustley embarrassing.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I know it's up to the whole team to defend, but the centre backs have been really poor. Broadbent's been ok, and Rollin Menayese has done well when he's had a game. But the others have all been poor, even Lockyer, who has been really good in the past.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well Lockyer is missing for the next 2 games. Hopefully Menayese will get another chance.

But DC got a lot of work to do in Jan and then whatever changes he makes, that will need time to work.

8. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

If there not a big improvement soon I can see us getting dragged into a relegation fight

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Its crazy so far. We know we been poor this season. Since our 6-0 win at Northampton, we have lost 6 out of 7 games in all competitions. 2 of these defeats were against L2 teams while playing our strong side in both and we lost both conceding 4 in both.

HOWEVER.....

How ever bad it has been, we are still some how just 4 points away from the top 6 (5 points really if you take our poor goal difference into consideration). If we can stay close to the top 6 until Jan when DC will hopefully improve the side, then who knows.....

10. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think he needs a clear out of our defenders, only Lockyer Partington Meneyeese Broadbent Brown plus the Arsenal loanee seem to be up to standard. We also need a D M/F that can tackle and W LM/F. I think that the youngsters that have been tried like Russe Broom and Hargreaves should either be given a chance or the Board have to support DC in the January transfer window if they do support him then a top 6 finish is more than possible once we stop leaking goals we will start winning matches as I believe our strikers are good enough