1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breakfast Wednesday

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like Elland is crook still so until he lands I will kick off todays chat.

More transfer gossip from yesterday but to be fair more paper talk, ITK reports and huge speculation. Latest are:

We are not looking at Adam Clayton we are in fact watching Adam Foreshaw another central midfielder. Started career in Everton Academy, sent out on loan to Brentford for 18 month where he was a regular. Middlelsboro signed him in 2015 and he was part of the midfield that got them promoted. Clayton, Foreshaw and Ledbitter. Pulis hasnt played him so seems surplus to requirements. This story has also got Phil Hay saying that Klich has not had a chance to bets he goes this month.

Alfie Haarland's son is a big striker who has told everyone his ambition is to win the Premier League with Leeds. Inter Milan are chasing him but young Earland says he will spend time on the bench in Milan so prefers to play for Leeds>

Prijavic the highly regarded Swiss born striker seems to be signing for Rennes, as Leeds have not yet come in for him. This kid is a sensation on youtube with 2 great seasons for Leggia Warsaw (Top scorer) and a season in the Greek League with Salonika where he is averaging almost a goal per game, including European matches. £3m would get him?

Dean Windass lad is at Rangers and so it obviously means we must be chasing him! Murty hasnt offered him a new contract yet so this as an agent touting the kid about I suspect.

Last night Radz tweeted he would tell us all what the transfer policy is in February because he knew a lot of upset fans were on his back. This seems to have inflamed the situation as it looks like we are not doing deals except for kids.

bucks_is_leeds and ellandback like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Doc and all. One question, why will Rad not tell the fans the transfer policy now. Why wait till February? Ive a fair idea why. It wouldnt be one of his cleverest tweets

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Maybe if he says he wants to buy a particular player the price could go up ?

4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

I’m not sure on the tweet, my bet is that we have at least one more signing to go. We can’t get out of the Lasogga deal (according to reports), we are stuck with him, we have strengthened though, useless CBJ for a new LB and if he is worse then he surely only has one leg.

We gambled on Lasogga, Klich, Grot, Cibicki and have failed, you’d have to be blind to not see we are a capable striker short of a serious push, I’d go all out for Ulloa we’d get two years out of him, that’s enough.

5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Appreciated Doc

I'm living on 2 hours sleep at the moment. I am getting to sleep around 6am due to a mix of laryngitis and asthma.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This was yesterdays tweet. Seems the club are doing a Q&A next month but can only mean we are keeping our business quiet until a deal is done, OK can accept that. However it seems we are getting too many mixed messages this time as TC starts by saying hes happy with his squad. Disaster strikes and hes not happy anymore. Seasoned International comes is which is great as a replacement for Saiz and O'Kane but is sent out on loan? Kids being brought in even though we have plenty of kids in the position of the newbie, especially strikers. Stories of upset behind the scenes plus TC making excuses for players who have not earned a first team place even though TC says they are first team players. CBJ sent home obviously a bad deal. Klich going as never used which still amazes me. but either way obviously another failed deal. Grot wtf? Cibicki 2 decent games 4 crap but lets hope a slow burner. Pennington not used enough even when Cooper doesnt play well. Nessy used instead of players like Anita, Klich. Just not sure theres a plan

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, just read a report saying Leeds will not be letting Lasogga go back to Hamberg. I suppose it depends on the translation of what Phil Hay is saying.

We are only paying 15k towards Lasogga's wages though, so not all bad.

ristac likes this.
  8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Happy 70th Birthday Eddie Gray

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

When Lassoga came on for the last 15 minutes he did actually look dangerous and almost scored. If he can do that for 90 minutes we have cracked it, but love to know why we saw a top striker when he arrived and he changed into a pussy. Is it sleepless nights with the baby, I dont know but he needs to start doing some damage or his career is over back in Germany

10. Eireleeds1

15k a week toward Lasogga is a fantastic deal. In fact why not pay him a 50k a goal bonus on top. It wouldn’t cost us anything extra between now and May anyway

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

If Jack Rodwell sees out his Sunderland contract, he'll have made £18.2m in wages alone. So far, he's cost the club more than £4,700 for every minute he's played....

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dont agree withNoel on this but I do hope we are doing something on the striker front behind the scenes

13. Eireleeds1

Was he ever top doc. He scored three in one game if that’s what you mean. Only scored two others in half a season. I’d call that rubbish

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

First game 2 goals hit the target countless times, pulled the defence apart. He played really well for the next few games, always a handful and always getting shotts off on target working the keeper. scored another 3 goals in that time and 5 assists. So your selective memory needs sorting mate. After that he was crap, lumbering, looked heavy, unfit and everything you are thinking about him is true from that point on

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Watched the Yorkshire Legends interviews with him on YouTube last night, early days stuff about how and why he joined was fascinating, also some comments very interesting

Thought Collins the hardest most driven player ever (he nutted Eddie for losing a running race lol)

Giles by a whisker the best footballer

Don Revie (possibly) doing a brown envelope job on his headteacher to get him released from school

Worth a listen, there are 6 but I only had time for the first 3

16. lifecheshirewhite

Could be worse,if you were a horse they would shoot you.get well soon m8.

ellandback likes this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Its not selective memory doc, its old age. Its so long ago I can barely remember him scoring let alone tear defences apart, even if they were defences from the bottom of the division :grin:

Doc likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well lets see who we don't buy today

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  19. 2020VisionofLeeds

That’s what keeps me going

20. 2020VisionofLeeds

He asked for sympathy and got it

lifecheshirewhite likes this.