1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breakfast Debate Tuesday

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well as the hairdresser has been called in early for a bollocking lets kick things off

Great win for England last night but to be frank I couldn't give a toss and never bothered watching. Anyone else think our International teams screws up real football.

Anyone see the £3m Bielsa gave away to finance developments at his old Argentinian club Newells Old Boys. His family are also architechts and provided the drawings and Bielsa gave them the funds. Wow he is really in it for the love not the cash.

As was mentioned yesterday Lewie Coyle is having another massive season out on loan and wonder if he will ever get a chance at Leeds? Bielsa was at the Luton barnsley game at the weekend to watch 20yo right back Justin James which will mean no way back for young Coyle next season as we also have Bryce Hossanah who is reputed to be one of the best ballers at the club and also a right back

You have to feel for Idaguchi as the injury is worse than first thought and he will be out until next season now in reality as march will be the first time he can kick a ball again. 2 seasons of his career lost because he signed for Leeds and the loss of his World Cup International place. The kid has been on fire in Germany as well, shame

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    southernwhite, leeds60, dbc and 3 others like this.
  2. lifecheshirewhite

Great win for England,the pride of Britain and Ireland for sure,didn't watch the game,but the micks,paddies and jocks are so quiet this morning,England must have won <laugh>

Irishshako, ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  3. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone
    First off Thank you Doc for Covering Elland & our staple diet of the breakfast debate <cheers>.
    Well you know what i couldn't even tell you the result of England match or even who they were playing last night,which sums up how much i care these days about international football.Big exception World cup of course or to a lesser extent the euros.Iwould have thaught that Lewis Coyle would be in Bielsa's up coming plans,but maybe not,who realy knows how the master thinks.Wow i think it's great how Bielsa cares about his old Argentinian club Newells Old Boys that's what i call loyalty & dedication,a real breath of fresh air in todays game.Looking faward to see what Bryce Hossanah can do,i do hope some of these promising youngsters get some first team game time this season,because if we get promoted,we will possibly start spending on more established players for the rigours of the premier league,and the youngsters might just become a by product, to sell on just to further their careers & for profit .i hope not,but that's football i'm afraid.
    Now off over to the Beeb to see who England played & the result,also what bloody competition it was for. <doh>

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  4. southernwhite

Nations league,what's that,is it what used to be called the euro's,jeez i'm realy out of touch with international football <confused>

5. southernwhite

Great result though beating spain 3-2 at any time.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. See this Pontus nonsense wont go away. Ive a remedy. All our players should copy Bielsa in the future and conduct interviews in foreign languages through interpreters. They can say what they like then. As for internationals, was in a bar with about 30 others Saturday night in Waterford and only one person was watching the Ireland Denmark game. Barman wasnt even asked to turn up the sound. International football is dead in the water.

ristac, bucks_is_leeds, Doc and 2 others like this.
  7. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

No the Euros continue, this is a new competition which Uefa have deemed necessary as it's supposed to replace "meaningless" friendlies during international breaks. Although as any one can see, those nations without a game in the Nations Cup have been playing friendlies anyway, so completely pointless. A sort of Full Members Cup for Europe.

8. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all...totally agree about these pointless meaningless internationals, just another needless way to risk your best players getting injured when we need them for the proper football.

9. southernwhite

Thx for that DL, jeez never knew that,must have had my head burried in the sand.See what you & most others are saying now,just a pointless competion,which a lot of football fans don't give a to** about. <doh>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If Scotland are so crap at footy why dont they recall their best striker Ross McGreedy? Villa reject but still a Villa player but not been used for 18 months so now doing his 2nd season in Australia. Fact is he scored a shed load last season but its Australia but still better than League 1 standard. Hes scoring again this season for a different Ausie team and his strike partner is Ousain Bolt so comedy football. However Ross McGreedy scored a couple as well as Bolt

If Celtic or Rangers can get him I think he finishes top scorer in Scotland next season

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Meaningless friendlies does not generate cash for UEFA but a meaningless competition does.
    As always in football cash is King.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all, just popped on quickly between jobs <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  13. 2 pennth

McGreedy is exactly where he should be, down under. Suggest let sleeping DOGS lie

Doc likes this.
  14. 2 pennth

Don't think we need to know about your toilet habits thank you very much.:emoticon-0136-giggl

ristac, Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.
  15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon Everyone, and a big thank you to Doc.

Cracking result for England. I wonder if they could have held out for another 10 minutes?

I think Hossanah is injured again. There was a picture of him on his instagram page wearing a protective boot.

Shackleton is fit again, though I'd expect Berardi, with his experience to take the right back slot.

I feel a bit sorry for Pearce. He's a left back by trade, and has been overlooked by Dallas and Alioski - surely square pegs in round roles.

Could anyone see Roofe and Roberts play together in the same starting line up?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Didn't know you'se were playing...:)

17. Irishshako

And to think you missed a glut of goals in the 0.0 draw:tongue:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  18. Irishshako

Thank **** you left BLOW out of it. I don't want Elland getting a semi, the only semis he gets now are the ones he sells...:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0105-wink:

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Roberts has spent most of his short career out wide or as part of a front 2 so I can see it but not sure Bielsa will as he will prefer Harrison or Alioski out wide in support. Lets remember that Roofe also spends a lot of time out wide, imagine a front 3 of Roberts, Roofe and ............ but that would mean a big formation change with a couple of strong clever midfielders

20. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all <ok>

ristac and Irishshako like this.