1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

bramble

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by blackcatsteve, Oct 28, 2011.

1. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

Sunderland's Titus Bramble charged with two counts of sexual assault

news ticker thing on the BBC sports website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/default.stm

and yes it was posted on the toon board first, but thought it was more prudent for us than them.

2. DaveySAFC

DaveySAFC Member

SUNDERLAND defender Titus Bramble is to appear in court over an alleged sex attack.

The ex-Newcastle United player has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one of urinating in public following an incident in Yarm, Teesside.

The 30-year-old was arrested by Cleveland Police following the alleged attack in the early hours of Wednesday, September 28.

He was released on bail after questioning, but today returned to a police station where he was charged.

Bramble, who was suspended by Sunderland AFC following his arrest, will appear before Teesside Magistrates Court.

A spokeswoman for Cleveland Police said: "A 30-year-old man from Wynyard has been charged by police with two counts of sexual assault and urinating in a public place and will appear at Teesside Magistrates Court on November 10.
    "The man was arrested in the early hours of Wednesday, September 28, on suspicion of sexual assault and possession of a Class A drug. He was re-arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on October 14 after a second allegation was made.

"He has been released with no further action on suspicion of possession of a Class A drug."

bye bye Titus

3. newtonlee2

newtonlee2 Member

i love your avatar mate :tongue:

4. DaveySAFC

DaveySAFC Member

Aye me too mate

5. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

He has still to be proved guilty of course in a court of law but his end at SAFC is already here imo. Not just for the charges made here but as much for the reason he was actually in the night club and out till that time friggin about in the first place and generally getting up to no good. His track record now for being implicated in, or be in the vacinity of these incidents, is just too much of a coincidence to be just a coincidence.

I personally dont want to see him play agian in a red & white shirt, as he doesnt deserve to be given any more chances imo. I'd sooner bring in a replacement or bring on young Laing for the rest of the campaign.

6. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

I'll be mighty surprised if he ever plays for a top flight club again if he's proven guilty.

7. blackcatsteve

if he is proven guilty, i dont think he will be out in time to ressurect his career, will get at least 5-6 years i would imagine (depends on how serious the assaults are of course, doesnt have to be rape, could just be coming on too strong for all we know)

8. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Well are we cursed or what, we sell Anton and a few weeks later lose Bramble, no drug charges but unless as with Miss Carol, he has a good brief and the witnesses 'change' their minds he is in trouble. Not sure if the club has commented? but I guess not likely to play in the immediate future. What happens with his wages in the meantime are we paying them or are they suspended.

Also has not Nuggsy got a loan deal Cest might be right the young'un has to come into contention

9. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

'Sexual assault' is ridiculously ambiguous. I personally think he just thought of himself too highly and groped a few women. If that's the case I'd be surprised if he got prison time.

10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

That's taking the piss...

Some games he was caught in possession to easy.

11. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

Anyone got any idea what the second allegation relates to - the same woman or someone else???

I hope that the club rulebook provides that we can terminate if he is charged with something like this - that said bearing in mind the PFA intervention re Tevez maybe they have a rule too!

See ya Titus...

12. PrisonBroken

PrisonBroken Member

Sorry mate but have you see the conviction rate and sentencing figures for sex crimes in this country they are a joke.

When then home secretary thinks there are serious and non-serious rapes it tells you all you need to know. Unless they make an example 3-4 years out in 2.

13. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Even if he is given a suspended sentance he has still brough the club ibnto disripute and on that basis must go.

THe answer to the question about his wages, is simple if he is suspended, suspension is a nuetral act and he will be on full pay. He will not recieve any work based bounus payments but his basic salary must be paid in full. So we are paying him.

If you remember Barton was paid while inside I think.

14. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Maybe he sqeezed her arse & tits?

15. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Maybe she squeezed his. Lol

16. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

17. RedandWhiteTractor

RedandWhiteTractor Active Member

I think the club acted swiftly and appropriately with this.

Whilst the investigation goes on we suspend him on full pay. Remember he is still innocent so you cannot sack him at this point, but to have him around the club could impact fellow players, and even prejudice any subsequent trial.

If he is found guilty his contract is terminated, innocent then he is re-instated with action taken relating to his being drunk the night before training. Simple really although certain nameless clubs would no doubt handle it differently.

18. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

Bollocks.

I was just about to post on the other Bramble thread that we were cutting off our nose by not playing him, given the Club had tested and found no drugs in his system.

Good job I shut me gob!

19. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

I think I'm right in saying it was the night of the match in which case it would (almost definately) have been a day off.
    I also don't recall at any point that he was "drunk". Even if he was, there's no law against it.
    Strange how he is "in possession of a class A drug" and now he is not.
    Me thinks this will go the way of Titus. Top legal team and all that.

20. blackcatsteve

Norwich was on Monday, he was out Tuesday night/Wednesday Morning, whether he had training on the Wednesday though I have no idea.

It also depends how bad the sexual assault charges are, but he has been accused in the past, that doesnt mean he is guilty and probably wont be taken into consideration, but he has still been charged, it will all come out in the wash at the end.